s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Craigslist Is My Friend

I absolutely adore Craigslist. I have both bought and sold items including furniture, coupons, and other various goods. I have even advertised my garage sales on there and gotten a LOT of good feedback. For the last couple of months I have been diligently scanning Craigslist on an almost weekly basis for a roll top desk. Currently Aiden lives in our bedroom and Livi lives in what was originally supposed to be Aiden's room. Our third bedroom is an office/tanning room but that has got to change. Lately I haven't even used the office. I usually work on the laptop in the dining room and our old computer is getting ssllllllooooooowwwwwwwww. It's time for Aiden to have his own room and for us to have an official "work space". Well last week I scored BIG time on Craigslist. A gorgeous oak desk (my house has a very "country/primitive" feel) that had been posted for a couple of weeks was still there just in time for me to get a little bit of extra money I had been waiting on. It was an hour away but well worth the drive so I contacted the seller and he said it was MINE. G and I drove up with the truck and car (this desk is HUGE) up to Indianapolis an hour away on Saturday and sped away with the desk as quickly as we could.

This is the desk all set up and closed. The piece on the floor is my foot pedal I use for transcription and the cord hanging out of the roll top is the power cord to the laptop.

And this is the desk this morning after I got my Starbuck's and sat down to work in our new dedicated work space. I can't tell you how good it feels to sit at a desk instead of a table and have a space to hide all the work at the end of the day.

To say this fits our space and all of our needs right now perfectly is an understatement. Craigslist ROCKS!

2 Comments:

Blogger OHN said...

What a GREAT find!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

WOW! So gorgeous!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home