s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

If Only a Subtle Hint Would Make a Difference

This time of year you can't turn on the news without some story about how to tip during the holidays. As I was watching the morning personalities go over how much the service people in your life deserve I was struck by a glaring omission. Of all the people they mentioned they didn't say a thing about cleaning staff. Why are a hairstylist, mailman, and nanny deserving of a holiday gift but not the person that cleans the toilets? As a side job to help make a little extra money for our household I have cleaned an office for the last 4.5 years (with G's help the last couple of months!). Not once in all that time have I been given any sort of holiday bonus/gift. How do you hint for something like that?? In reality I can't say anything at all because the office is owned by G's cousins so they're family and I can't be all "hey, I bet you give the mailman a gift, what about me??" And that's my holiday gripe. At least I got it out of the way early. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Janis MK said...

((hugs))
Every Chinese New Year my grandma gives out red packets to the guys who come by with the garbage truck to show her appreciation. My aunts always give their office cleaning ladies a little something.
You are appreciated. All your hard work will pay off one day.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home