s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Normal Day

It was a Friday. Friday's are good days right? Not only was it a Friday but it was the Friday before a holiday weekend so it was going to be a GOOD day. It started like any other day. I got up as usual and headed to work. The day went by and I decided to do a little shopping after work. I can still remember the outfit I bought at Old Navy that day, a pink polo style shirt and a khaki skirt. Nothing special but I thought it was cute. I went home and went out to eat with G. I don't remember where we ate but I remember it being a good night. It was a quiet night. We didn't go out with friends or have anyone over. We hung out around the house. G was on the computer (or maybe playing video games, he would have to tell you that part for sure) and I was talking to my SIL about silly things when at approximately 11:00 p.m. I got the call that would change who I am and who I forever will be. My father died that night. Quietly and simply, he died in his bed. Eight years ago I lost my father, the first man who loved me completely and unconditionally. I am different than I was before that totally ordinary day, some for the better and some for the worse. I miss him every day. Every single day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home