s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

38 Weeks

Not too much going on to report on the Olivia front. I had my 38-week check-up with the midwife today. My b/p was good and my weight was good, nothing new there. Her head is engaged, which basically means that when my midwife pushes on it it doesn't just float back up. I'm still 75% effaced but I'm now about 3 cm so that means things are still moving in the right direction. Of course my midwife is like me - very practical - and said exactly what I was thinking "now you could walk around for weeks at 3 cm so don't feel bad if nothing starts happening". That's basically what I said last week when people got excited about 2 cm. No big deal. Hopefully Olivia will make her arrival easily and on her own but we'll just have to wait and see on that one. Oh, except that my midwife will be out of town on Sunday and Monday at a wedding so if she could please not come on those days that would be appreciated. Please.

I'm including a picture* again this week. I don't know that I can tell much of a difference from last week but I thought I would throw it on here anyway.

As far as end of pregnancy complaints I don't have many. I really don't have any swelling to speak of, which is ALWAYS good, and other than heartburn I feel good most of the time. I do have the regular hip/shoulder pain from sleeping on my sides all the time but I also work for chiropractors and can get adjusted any time I want - HUGE HELP!! :-) I can't tell you what a difference that has made in my back and hip pain and I 100% recommend it to anyone, especially a pregnant woman. Hhmmmm. Yep, I think that's about all I have to report on that subject.

*Don't you just love seeing the door of my office bathroom every week? It's lovely I know. Oh and I don't have some weird little tip poking out of my head, that's the top of a coat hook on the door. At least the mirror is clean. He he.

5 Comments:

Blogger LCP said...

I agree with going to see a chiropractor regularly during your pregnancy...helped with #1 and definately this time around!!

You look great, cannot beleive only 14 more days...aren't you sooo exctied!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

Hi Olivia! I'm glad to hear your mama is in good health, but we're all getting quite impatient to meet you!

Be nice to your mama- don't sit on her bladder or kick her in the ribs or anything like that. Better yet, come on out!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

You look great!

6:42 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

You look fabulous, and fabulously happy! I'm so glad your checkup went well, and that things are moving right along. I've heard of women walking around at 1cm, but had no idea you could still be casual at 3cm! That's incredible!

8:13 PM  
Blogger M said...

You are so ridiculously gorgeous. Good grief! ANd I'm so jealous of the chiropractic care! GAH!!

I walked around at a 3 for about 3 weeks. The good news? It did make for a very quick labor with Miss Lil. 2nd time mommies are more apt to dilate sooner for no good freaking reason.

Additionally I'm PISSED about Starbucks not carrying decaf fraps. They don't have enough room.

They will offer to make you one with the creme base and add shots but it is SO not the same. (I'm a decaf girl since I got pregnant with Liam and *sigh* I can handle a tall frap but dammit who wants a tall frap??!!! If I'm gonna get fatter might as well get WAY fatter!)

I cannot believe you're so close to delivery already. Holy. craphell!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home