s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wonderful Family & Friends

First of all, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. I still don’t know the details of the young man’s death but his funeral is planned for Thursday. Please continue to remember the family.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I will update with something on a bit of a happier note. On Saturday I was planning on going out to eat with my MIL and two SILs. My MIL said they wanted to take me out before Olivia arrived and I just thought it sounded like a fun time. Apparently I am completely oblivious because I was totally shocked when I arrived at the restaurant to find my MIL, two SILs, and 3 of my closest friends who were there to throw me a little mini-baby shower. It was SUPER sweet and so very appreciated. They even had balloons on the table and were so excited that they surprised me. I was just shocked, given that I’ve never had any sort of surprise party before and hadn’t even given it a thought before. Of course in all the fun I completely forgot to take pics at the restaurant but I did take pics of the adorable little things they got for Olivia.

This is a onesie and hat set (I adore hats for babies) my friend K got for Olivia. K’s also gotten her another onesie and bootie set already. She’s a sucker for cute clothes from G*ymboree (just like me!! he he).

This are onesies from G's aunt and bibs from my friend P. You just can't have too many onesies or bibs.

These are sleepers in 6-9 month size and an adorable blanket, also from P. The blankets edge says "baby girl", which is what P said made it impossible for her to pass up. I'm sure it will get a LOT of use this winter, given that we live in Indiana and will need lots of snuggling.

These are sleepers in 3-6 month size and a matching blanket from my friend H. The blanket is actually two sided and matches both sleepers - WAY TOO CUTE. I also found the matching hat (I told you I LOVE hats!!) at T*arget yesterday but was on my way out and didn't get a chance to buy it. I will be going back today to get the matching hat and Olivia will be completely decked out when in her sleepers at church.

This is the gift that my SIL, R, got for us. She actually bought it earlier in the week and dropped it off at the house. Aiden had a swing but it was ruined in the flood so R wanted to get us something she knew we needed and would definitely use. I am so excited about using this for Olivia. Not only is it a really cool swing but it also plugs in, which will save us a TON on batteries.
On top of all of this my MIL and SILs got us a card with money and a gift card to T*arget in it. It was EXTREMELY generous and touched me more than I can express. I truly am blessed with so many people that care about us and that are over the moon excited waiting for this little one to make her arrival.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brokenornot said...

Almost there. I can't believe how much pink I have collected, lol.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Wow! What awesome friends and family.

2:58 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

I ALWAYS buy onesies when I am going to a baby shower. You can get packages of onesies at Walmart or Target for not too much money, and a mom can never have too many onesies. Plus I don't want to take away any mother's joy of dressing her baby. It is so much fun to buy baby clothes and dress up babies- especially baby girls!

5:05 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

How sweet was that?! And, they got you the cutest little things!

I hear the clock ticking away for Olivia's big entrance! You must be SO excited!!!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home