s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Every Excuse in the Book

I was going to title this post "No Excuses" but since I am about to give you every excuse I can think of as to why I haven't been blogging it just didn't seem to fit.

Yes, I know I abandon this blog for weeks at a time. I do apologize but I swear it’s this adorable little urchin who keeps me from going near the computer at home.



Please ignore the red eye, I didn’t have a chance to get rid of it. I was actually trying to take a pic of the sofa behind him but when he saw the camera and realized I wasn’t pointing at him he moved right into the frame as if to say “hey woman, I’m right here, why are you pointing that thing in the wrong direction?” It was so cute that I was forced to take the pic. The other one was him being silly after I took the first pic. Did you notice the mouthful of teeth he has now?? He already has his molars, which almost killed us all. He doesn’t have the canines yet but they are right near the surface and will be coming through soon. I still can’t believe he’s already 17-months-old and looking like a little boy.

Now, if I had time at work I would blog more but usually my days are packed with A/R, A/P, payroll and insurance billing. None of that is fun of course but if I still want to get a paycheck they do tend to have to get done. :-) I am stealing the time today because I just couldn’t stand it any more.

I have to admit that I’ve neglected a lot of things during this pregnancy, not just this blog. Given Aiden’s constant movement around the house and need for his mommy’s attention I haven’t taken even one belly pic. Seriously. Poor Olivia has already become the second child that has no pictures taken of her. Today I am 36-weeks and I decided that I was going to take one for sure so I went to the bathroom at work. Not the most flattering of lighting and it’s a self portrait but this is the very pregnant me today.

Just to compare – this is me at 34-weeks with Aiden. Yes, I know it's two weeks difference but I don't have a 36-week photo with me to compare things to at this point.

I think I look about the same size (other than my boobs are even bigger) but that I seem higher. Am I imagining that? I don’t know.

Anyway, this is just a quick update to let you know that I’m still here (because people are actually still checking on me and wondering!!) and things are going great. I go back to my midwife this afternoon for my 36-week check and I guess things could happen any day now. I will definitely keep you posted!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Awww, look at your cute little belly!!! And Aiden sure is getting big - he looks bigger than Lily!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger LCP said...

Your so cute...I think the clothes have a lot to do with it too. You do look like you are carrying higher, but smaller than with Aiden. But again, the shirt makes the difference. Some days people tell me I look huge (not in so many words) and other days they think I have like 20 weeks to go. Clothes make the gal!!

Aiden is so cute...love the goofy pics.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Glad you updated! ;)

You look great - and smaller then last time - not that you didn't look great then!

Keep us updated chica! :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I've been wondering about you!!! You look great and the belly is definitely higher. :)

Chicka doesn't have her molars yet but she's been on and off cranky so I'm wondering if there's something going on in there. I wish she'd let me get my fingers in there to check it out.

Take care of yourself and enjoy being a Mom to one for a couple more weeks. I'll be thinking about you and will be ready for updates. I'll need to know how you're doing with 2 so close in age b/c I'm a little worried at how it's going to go.....

3:18 PM  
Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Thanks for stopping by my site- he is adorable! You are oging to ave your hands full with two!! I know that I do!

12:04 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

I would have to agree... not only are your boobs definitely bigger, but you do look like you are carrying higher. It *might* also be a big(ger?) baby.

Of course I have NO training whatsoever in medicine or obstetrics. But I WAS a 10lb-2oz baby! (and not even the biggest in the family- my sister was 10lb-6oz!)

4:01 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

I think I would get distracted with that little cutie around, too!

You're definitely carrying totally differently this time around---much higher! It's not just your imagination!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home