s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Ultrasound Pics

Shock of shocks, I actually have a ton of posts (4 total to be exact) that I've been meaning to put up here but haven't had a chance. I rarely get on the computer at home any more, as Aiden doesn't exactly like mom sitting on the computer when we could be playing, and I'm swamped at work and haven't had time to update. I even wrote down the post topics because I was finding myself going over them in my head so that I wouldn't forget them before I could get them down on paper (so to speak). Since I am of course in a hurry I just wanted to share the ultrasound pics of Olivia while I had a quick minute.

This first one is of her girl parts. I know it's hard to distinguish but the tech seemed very convinved of her girliness. This isn't a great shot even. Moments later we were actually able to see the fabled "three lines" very well and the tech pointed out her labia, clitoris, and other labia. Ugh, I'm probably going to get googled on that one.

Here is a profile shot (as are all the rest). The little black hole in the middle is actually her heart caught in mid beat.

Here is another profile shot. The parts to the right are her arms reaching down to touch her legs.

The part that looks like a flipper is actually a little fist with a thumb coming up to Olivia's mouth. She's already a thumb sucker! Although I have heard that they all are in the womb.

Here's one more. It's pretty simple but I love seeing her stick her chin out like that, Aiden does it all the time.

Even just getting to see her through an ultrasound has convinced me that I already think she's gorgeous.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

She is a cutie! I can't believe you already named her.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Gorgeous! I love US pics. Thanks for sharing them.

9:03 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

That gorgeous-ness is OBVIOUSLY why the tech was convinced she is a girl!

She's adorable! Congratulations!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the "first" pictures of Olivia with us! Don't you just love imagining what she's going to look like?!

11:44 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

She truly IS Gorgeous!!! And, has a lovely name!

I always love looking at ultrasound profile pics. They give such a real sense of the baby, instead of earlier u/s pics that just look like blobby babies. =)

12:35 PM  
Blogger LCP said...

I LOVE the name Olivia...and great pics.

I think it is so funny that your childrens names are the same as my friends childrens...and in the same order. Aiden and Olivia...she has three though...can't remember the 3rd name.

Anyway...it is so reassuring to see pictures. How nice...another 5-weeks for me!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

What a cutie she is already! I love the name Olivia great choice. I love looking at US pics too thanks for sharing them with us.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

What a lovely little girl!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Olivia is beautiful. Love the name, love the pics. Congratulatiosn all around! So glad the U/S went well. You sound so happy!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home