s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ultrasound Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the big ultrasound day! Hopefully, if the baby is being cooperative, we will be able to find out if we’re having a little brother or a little sister for Aiden.

I did the list below when I was pregnant with Aiden but I didn’t do it until after we found out he was a boy. I thought it would be fun to highlight all of the symptoms I’ve had to date (including any additional info I might think is important), let anyone out there that’s reading decide what we’re having, and then actually see how it turns out. I would LOVE any of your thoughts before we head to the ultrasound tomorrow.

It’s a boy if:

  • You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
  • Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
  • You are carrying the extra weight out front (this has been very similar to Aiden. I’ve had a few people comment on how I look like I’m losing weight and thus far I have. I do have a belly though.
  • Your areolas have darkened considerably
  • You are carrying low
  • You are craving salty or sour foods
  • You are craving protein — meats and cheese
  • Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
  • The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
  • Your hands are very dry (but they're always dry so I'm not sure whether or not to count this one)
  • Your pillow faces north when you sleep (actually my pillow faces east)
  • Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
  • Pregnancy has you looking better than ever (people say I look happy and “glowing” so I’m gong to go with this one)
  • Your urine is bright yellow in color (sometimes it is but usually it’s when I drink a little less water so I don’t know how much weight to actually put on this one)
  • Your nose is spreading
  • You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles (haven't tried this)
  • You are having headaches (I do have headaches but I think it’s from stress and sitting in front of the computer all day)
  • You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number

It’s a girl if:

  • You had morning sickness early in pregnancy (thus far I haven’t thrown up since approx 17 weeks but am definitely still nauseas at times)
  • Your baby’s heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute (pretty much each visit has had the heartbeat at around 140-150)
  • You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
  • Your left breast is larger than your right breast (this is a funny one to admit to the public)
  • Your hair develops red highlights
  • You are carrying high
  • Your belly looks like a watermelon (it's definitely more oval than round at this point)
  • You are craving sweets
  • You are craving fruit
  • You crave orange juice
  • You don’t look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
  • You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
  • Your face breaks out more than usual
  • You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
  • Your breasts have really blossomed!
  • Your pillow faces south when you sleep
  • Your urine is a dull yellow color
  • You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
  • You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number (39)

Any thoughts??

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of feel like you are having a boy - but it is purely a guess! :)


Miss X

11:26 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

I'm going with Girl, just to give Miss X a run for her money. =)

Mostly, I'm just here to tell you you've got company with the whole weird giant left boob thing. Mine is so significant that there is now actually a whole CUP SIZE difference between them. I'm beginning to think the left one is just going to gobble up the right one and make one giant boob. Argh.

1:26 PM  
Blogger LCP said...

One of each!! ha ha ha.

I don't know...I never fell into either category either with Josey...and I will do this one again for our new BB and I think I am about at the same median as you.

Can't wait to hear what the u/s reveals. Ours will be in another 5-weeks or so!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hmm, I don't have a feeling or anything but I hope you're having a girl! Life's a peach with one of each! Okay, I'm a dork!!!!!! Seriously, it's so nice to have a boy & girl - it balances things out.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I'm not leaning one way or the other yet. If I had to guess, I'd bet on girl. :) Those "signs" are hilarious.

7:08 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

I read a study today that said, if you have a large breakfast on the day of conception, then you are more likely to have a boy. If you had a light breakfast, you are more likely to have a girl.

But as for your baby - I'm not even venturing a guess!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home