s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Decision Was Made

I didn't even really have to make the decision about whether or not to tell the place I was interviewing with that I was pregnant. And I still got the job!!

Long story short, or not that short I guess, a woman I go to church with (from here to be known as "S" for the purposes of this story) is a patient of the doctor's office that I applied and an interviewed with yesterday. And she was seen for an adjustment (yes, it's a chiropractor) yesterday. The doctor was apologizing for being behind, said they were hiring new staff, and that she's looking for a new office manager. S said my name was the first thing that came to mind and she told her she had the perfect person for the job - Brandy B-----. The doctor said she had just interviewed me today and that she was going to offer me the job, which she had already called and left a voice mail on my phone saying they wanted me to take the job and to call her back to let her know at 7:00. At that point S was just bragging on what a great person I was and a great mom and how I had a beautiful little boy - and another one on the way!! And the doctor still wanted me. :-) I told her over the phone that night when we spoke but she said she already knew, that we would work it out, and that they were glad to have me. Technically I'll be making a little less an hour than what my raise was this year with my current company but it's still more an hour than I was making last year before the raise so I am TOTALLY okay with it. I'm just so excited. I start training on Thursday (I'm taking a personal day from my other job) and then full time two weeks from yesterday.

Oh and even more so than that I just really feel like it was meant to be. I saw the job listing in our local newspaper last week but just didn't have a chance to apply for it. I decided yesterday to at least fax in my cover letter and resume. The doctor called me back herself 20 minutes later (around 9:00 or so) and asked me to come in at noon. By 2:00 she left the message offering the job and I accepted at 7:15 last night. It really is an answered prayer.

After having all the stress the last few weeks I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted and I am just ready to move on. Yay for new jobs!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I am glad it worked out. Now you won't have to worry about paychecks bouncing!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! :)


Miss X

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow! It was meant to be! Congrats!!!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!

D

7:45 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

That's wonderful news! Big Congrats to you, and so glad everything worked out with the pregnancy news. The fact that they're so willing to work with you is already a good sign of further good things to come.

12:26 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Hey there! Just checking in to see how you're feeling and how the new job is going!

Hope all's well!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Bake Me A Cake! said...

Congratulations!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home