s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 01, 2008

Last Post Explained

So here’s the low down. You of course are all right and the congratulations are more appreciated than I can express. I know I mentioned a couple of months ago that Gabe and I were already considering getting back on the TTC train but that is NOT what happened in this case. We had made a pretty definite decision to start trying when Aiden turned a year. Of course you all know what they say about “best laid plans” right? Oh wait, maybe I shouldn’t use the word laid?! :-)

Here’s a little background. On January 2nd I was sitting in church and for some reason it occurred to me that I hadn’t started that day and that is very unlike me. As a matter of fact, I had never had that moment before where I was possibly “late”. With my first pregnancy I tested the morning I was supposed to start and with Aiden I tested 2 days before I was supposed to start. While breastfeeding I’ve been extremely regular (no, I was NOT one of those lucky gals that has no period while breastfeeding!) and realized that I was in fact scheduled to start. Being me, and it having taken over 2.5 years to conceive Aiden, I just thought “oh I’ll start tomorrow, no big deal”.

The next day (Jan 3rd) I still hadn’t started, so mid-morning, after talking it over and over and over with JJ, I headed to Wal-Mart and got 4 tests. I figured I might as well be sure about things, right? I got back to my office and had to hide the tests in my purse but I decided to take two right then. I was pleasantly surprised to see the control lines pop up right away so I knew the tests were valid. In fact, I was wrong, those were not control lines. Never, in all the time I’ve poas, have I seen lines pop up as fast and dark as these did. I was shocked and excited and of course took a pic with my camera phone right away to send to G.


I then called him and his response was “does this mean what I think it means??!” He was just as shocked by this amazing surprise but we are both absolutely thrilled.

I went in for my 8 week check-up on Wednesday. I wanted to see a heartbeat before telling the world. Everything looked great. There is one little baby with a heartbeat of 169 swimming around in there. They saw a yolk sac, which they were happy about, and I got to see a little paddle arm, which I was happy about.


If everything keeps going on the right track they have given me a due date of September 10, 2008. Two kids under two?? I don’t know if I’ve ever thought of that in such a great way before. :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger CA Momma said...

Cool! Two under two are certainly fun and exciting.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

OMG Brandy! I missed yesterday's post so I'm just catching up! This is wonderful news. I'm so thrilled for you. What's it like to have a surprise such as this?

My most heartfelt congratulations to you.

xo

8:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

What a super sweet surprise! I am SO HAPPY for you. Can't wait to read more updates from you.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, what an amazing surprise! Congratulations, girl! The ultrasound pics are great - the baby is soooo clear! I had 2 under two (20 months apart) and it's been absolutely wonderful!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I am so happy for you and I am glad it didn't take as long the second go round.

3:08 PM  
Blogger formerteacher said...

Congratulations!!! I don't think there is an ideal space between children. Mine were 2 1/2, and it wasn't easy. My brother's were 17 months apart and it wasn't easy. A friends were 5 years apart, and it was very hard. So don't listen to those people who will inevitably say,"Two in diapers?!", like you're crazy. At any rate, congratulations on your newest blessing!!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Wahoo!!! Congrats!! (I thought that was you on the sept board.) Yay!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise. Congratulations!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Wow! How exciting? Gear up for some sibling rivalry down the road ;)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congrats to you, your husband, and Aiden! :) I'm very happy for you!!

D

10:36 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Another big congrats to you, your husband, and Aiden! I just love seeing ultrasound pictures...reminds me of the days when my baby Timmy looked like a little gummy bear. Good times!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home