s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Trees

This year we decided to buy a new Christmas tree - hence the reason we were in the Christmas Shop at the Wally World the other day to get Aiden's pic taken. Our old tree was fabulous, don't get me wrong, but it was 7.5' of single branches that all had to be put on individually, which I felt would be REALLY hard to do with Aiden around. Instead I picked out a 7.5' pre-lit beauty for $99.72, which I thought was extremely reasonable considering I remember spending about $200 the last time we bought a tree. I haven't completely gotten the new tree decorated but when I do I will post a pic here.

Even with the new tree here in the house it left another question - what to do with the old tree? I started telling everyone I knew that they were welcome to it, just come by and it's yours. Of course it just so happened a couple friends already bought new trees and no one knew anyone that was interested. I thought about posting it on freecycle (because they're fabulous!) but the lovely miss M inspired me post them to craigs list. I figured if I got no responses in a week or so I would go ahead and post it on freecycle.

I posted the tree Monday night for $40.00 and got two inquiries by this morning. A very nice man and his son came by to pick up the tree tonight and seemed extremely happy to get it. The man even commented to G that he wasn't sure if they were going to be able to afford a tree, as this was their first year "alone". I don' t know if that means there is a divorce going on or a death in their family but I was so glad that someone who wanted and needed it so much was able to get it.

So woot!! I got $40 for my old tree and some good, good feelings of wonderfulnessthat such a great person got the tree I did very much love.

Oh and a pic of the tree just so you can all see how fabulous it was. Please ignore the vacuum in the foreground and many of you will notice that I do gingerbread as a theme. Welcome to my home. :-)



Oh and here's one a little closer, you just can't see the scale and the rest of my empty dining room that was cleared out for the tree!

2 Comments:

Blogger DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...

OMG, that's almost our exact TV armoire!! We have two shelves at the top and no raised platform for the TV, but the rest of it is dead on!! Weird to see that! :)

Can't wait to see the new tree.

D

2:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Brandy, that is such a large tree! We had a 6ft one last year and I thought it was too big. We only have 10ft ceilings to I guess it would be...lol. Since my tots are so naughty, I decided to get a 3ft this year. That way it's on top of a table and it's harder for them to reach and destroy. I would love to get a real one someday too... maybe next year or the year after. But I think your tree is very pretty. You did a good job!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home