s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 26, 2007

Vaccine Question

Anybody out there know if babies get shots at their 9 month visits*? Aiden's is in December and I'm trying to decide whether or not to make plans that day or if I should just plan on staying home with a possibly grumpy guy. What do you think?

*And yes, I know I can call the doctor's office, I'm just trying to find out on my own without having to bother them. Of course if I get a mixed response I will definitely be calling.

5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

I honestly can't remember. I think it might actually depend on what schedule was started...wish I could tell you more.

In regards to the shopping question, can I answer by just laughing hysterically?

2:06 PM  
Blogger DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...

We just had the 9m appointment last month, and there were no regular shots (we're on the recommended AAP schedule). She did have her flu shot booster, but that was just a coincidence of timing, not something scheduled specifically for 9m. The nurse said that everyone loves the time between the 6m and 12m appointments because there's no shots! :)

D

2:33 PM  
Blogger DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...

I forgot to mention that they did draw blood from her toe for a hemoglobin check, but she didn't cry from that...just got squirmy!


D

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I concur with DMB. Kirsten's visit was the same. Only they took blood from her finger. They did hemoglobin and lead testing. I guess the lead test is mandated by the state of Massachusetts.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Here the shots are 3m, 6m and 12m. After that I don't know. I think you'll be safe for the 9m.

Here's our schedule. Yours may be similar:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/immun/immunization.html

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home