s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One More Thing to Worry About

For the first few weeks of nursing Aiden I used L@nsinoh cream (well, that and the T@rget brand version, which is the EXACT same thing*) for the very sore nipples that accompanied the first days of breastfeeding. After a few weeks I realized that things weren't as sore and gave up the cream (and passed my tube along to my SIL). I never used a product called "Mommy's Bliss" but reading this just makes me even more nervous regarding the birth of my second baby and the products I plan to use with her.

*On a side note: I was at T@rget last night to purchase some D@sitin (needed a tube for upstairs and down) and saw the store brand right next to the name brand. I know name brand is very important to some but it is most definitely is not important to me. I looked over the ingredients (which again, are exactly the same!) and the price. Name brand was $4.49 and store brand was $1.44. I grabbed two tubes - can you guess of which one?? :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

I too am a Target brand diaper cream user! Although when my kids had really, almost go to the doctor, bad diaper rash the only stuff that worked was Boudreaux Butt Paste, and THAT stuff is expensive!!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I love store brands.

And Lansinoh was my savior.

10:39 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

I heard about this thing too - with the whole nipple creams. It's not a huge concern for me personally, since I don't have any kids, but I can't imagine having kids nowadays. It's like everything you use with them is dangerous.

11:00 AM  
Blogger ~ MeLissa said...

So I'm behind the game here, but here is a site where you can kind of get an idea of how harmful a product is for you or your child based upon the ingredients. Their skin deep website is great. Be sure to check out the sunscreen feature....it's pretty interesting.

2:05 PM  
Blogger ~ MeLissa said...

duh. I forgot the site.

www.ewg.org

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home