s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Swinging Good Time

We received a travel swing from my MIL before Aiden was born. It was a LIFESAVER and actually gave me a few minutes to get a shower in or do a load of laundry upstairs while Aiden happily swung away (is swung a word? who cares, it is now - he he). He also had a full size swing downstairs but it was so nice to have a little one upstairs to move between the bathroom and bedroom. Aiden was never much one for the bouncy seat, he'd tolerate it for a few minutes but didn't enjoy it near as much as he did the swing.

Of course about 2 months after he was born a recall was put out on the swing. I was SO mad and upset. Apparently there were reports of babies slipping out of that design and getting their heads caught between the swinging bars. Aiden had never had anything like that happen but I wasn't going to take a chance so I sent it back.

A few months later I received a $65.00 voucher to spend on a product or group of products from that company. I wasn't sure what I was going to get but then when we found out another little one was coming along I figured maybe a different travel swing would be in order. I was out at the local T*arget a couple of weeks ago checking out the travel swings when I met a lovely woman looking at the high chairs. She asked my opinion on one, which no one I know had used but I gave her the low down on the ones I did have an opinion on (she ended up buying the one I recommended and loved it!). We got to talking and I said I was trying to decide on a swing. She then said "this may sound really crazy and weird but I have an almost brand new travel swing at home that my baby hated, never liked swinging, and I was wanting to try to sell. I can give you my phone number if you think you might be interested." Of course I was all "absolutely!" because I am all about the bargain.

I called her on Monday and we met on Tuesday. The brand new travel swing runs $60.00 and she sold me hers for $30.00, which was COMPLETELY worth it. I'm not even kidding, it looks like it was just pulled out of the box and NEVER used. This is just a picture I pulled from the internet but the swing looks exactly like the picture, not a mark on it. Olivia now has a brand new looking travel swing and I ended up using the $65.00 voucher on a booster seat for Aiden and a mobile for Olivia. I could not be happier about it, if you couldn't tell. :-) Fabulous bargain right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Perky said...

We have that swing and we LOVE it, except the battery thingy had a screw get stripped and so we can't get it to work anymore, which has me completely bummed. :( I don't know anyone else who has had this problem though, so I'm sure it's a fluke for us. Everyone I know with this swing is in love with it and I still totally recommend it to everyone I know. The only swing I like better is the Fisher Price Take Along swing.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great deal!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That was the swing I was going to recommend.

7:08 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Kudos on the great deal!! And, here's hoping I meet some awesome fellow shoppers at my next Target visit!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

That is an awesome swing and what a great deal!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ms. Perky said...

FYI, I called Boppy about my stripped screw and the non-working nature of my swing, and they replaced the whole side of it that has the battery pack on it. I thought that was pretty cool. :) Wish I'd gotten around to calling them way earlier, but at least now I'll have it in working order when my next one comes along or when I want to sell/give it away, right?

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home