s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Crappiest Part of My Job

I just had to fire someone over the phone. She wasn't even doing a horrible job, she just wasn't doing a great job and her supervisor didn't really like her. Since I'm the Office Manager I had to call her and tell her that a former employee was going to be coming back and since she had just been hired 7 weeks ago that we would have to let her go. This was not my wording, it was the main doctor's wording, and it was not my choice to fire her. Ugh. I know it's really not about me but I feel HORRIBLE. She got all teary and it was obvious she was caught completely off guard and was very upset. She's coming in tomorrow to drop a couple of things off and I dread having to talk to her in person. I feel like a tool (for lack of a better word).

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That stinks! You may have been doing her a favor, you just never know.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

What a horrible thing to have to do! Lets hope you'll never have to do it again!

3:19 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

Ugh! I respect you for doing that, because I don't think I ever could! Even if the person was not doing their job, or was doing a horrible job- it would just make me feel so guilty.

BTW I added you to my blogroll today.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

That's sucky. I'm glad I'm not in HR. I would be terrible at that part of things.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home