s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 06, 2009

What Little Controversy I Have In Me

Am I the only one that doesn't care at all about the fact that Michael Phelps smoked some weed? Seriously, it just doesn't even register on my importance scale. We have widespread homelessness and foreclosure issues, banks crashing, and job loss at rates that haven't been seen since the 1970's but OH NO - Michael Phelps got caught with a bong! Let's hang him from his legs and beat him with a cat of nine tails.

What? You think that's a little harsh? Yeah, me too. I for one think this country needs to get over itself, legalize the pot and start making some major money off an industry that could create jobs, raise tax revenues, and pump some much needed action into the economy.

This coming from a woman that's never even been drunk, much less smoked a joint. But I feel that way nonetheless. Please tell me I'm not alone...

2 Comments:

Blogger Serenity said...

I think the media likes to make DRAMA out of everything, personally. It's how they justify their jobs.

Doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off something fierce, though...

5:50 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

I'm with you. I see so many issues with this... for starters, like you said, we've got homelessness, foreclosures, job loss, but STOP THE PRESSES, michael phelps got caught with a bong! Gimme a break.

But it also bugs me because, kids shouldn't be looking to athletes to find their heros and role models. I mean, I guess I know that to some degree anyone in the public eye will be a role model. But at the same time, what happened to the "good old days" when your heros were your parents and the amazing fourth grade teacher who inspired you to succeed?

I guess I'm too old fashioned.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home