s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fun Times (for Aiden, not Me)

I live in Indiana (as my profile states) and like many other states we got a whole bunch of snow in the last couple of days. Yesterday a snow emergency was declared in our county so me and the kids didn't leave the house (even though G still had to go to work - stupid work!). Things went well most of the morning and I even tricked Aiden into eating a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Basically I have to make him think it's something mommy is eating and then he's interested. I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut it in half and started eating my half. After a minute he came up and took bites from the other half and then ran off with the plate. This is the picture I captured of my little man eating his lunch:

He looked so adorable sitting there with his sandwich and cup. He was watching Blues Clues on his little dvd player and seemed very happy. This is in the corner of our dining room, his own little play area. It was just about a half an hour later that Livi got hungry so I sat down to feed her. Aiden was no longer in my line of sight but I could still hear him and see if he got up from the table. I was almost done nursing Livi when things seemed just a little too quiet. Normally that means he's taken the dvd out of the player to touch it but I was not prepared for what I was when I peaked around the corner. Aiden was standing there doing something he knows he is NOT supposed to do:

Oh the horror!! That's crayon all over the wall by the table and chairs. I just about freaked out. There are no more crayons allowed in this house unless Aiden is strapped into his high chair or booster seat at the table.
I have no idea where to start because although this is washable crayon this is also a wall covered in flat paint. I've used the magic eraser for small areas but that can basically take off the paint too if I'm not careful. I've heard colgate toothpaste also but haven't tried it yet. If any of you have any wonderful crayon removing ideas I would LOVE to hear them. Even if I could afford paint right now, who in the world has the time for that??

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Ah yes. I've had that happen here too but the only crayons I let her use come off easily with a damp cloth and no scrubbing. Hope you figure something out.

12:33 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

Crud. I used to know how to take care of that but we haven't used crayons here in a very long time :)

(and if you repaint...chances are the wax residue from the crayon would still show through so you would need to prep the wall:(

3:24 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Have you tried magic erasers?

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home