s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Yes I'm Still Here and No I Haven't Had the Baby Yet

Those words have seriously come out of my mouth more times than I can tell you in the last couple of weeks. And in person, not over the phone. People act as though I should have had her by now, even though I'm technically not due until September 10th. I don't understand that at all. I'm not trying to be mean or crappy about it but come on! Don't they say 40 weeks for a reason?? I know there are a lot of women out there that are really glad to see a pregnancy end, and don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY excited to meet this new little life, but I am not one of them. G and I struggled for so long to get pregnant the first time that I cherished every minute of my pregnancy with Aiden. This time just seems like a huge bonus and I have no idea if I'm gonna get a 3rd time around so why in the world wouldn't I enjoy every minute I have with Olivia as a part of me?

Okay, I know I'm sounding all preachy about this but really, these comments and questions do get old. If I have her there will be phone calls made and people will be told. There isn't going to be anyone left out of the loop or shocked to see me show up at church one day holding a newborn. That's all I have to say about that. Oh and thank you for letting me vent about something so trivial.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On a different note, has anyone ever tried to take a picture of their ankles? No? Am I the only one? The only reason I ask is because it's really, really HARD to do. I was wanting to take a picture of my ankles right now because I actually do still have them. Sometimes at the end of a very long day my ankles are a bit puffy but otherwise they're still bony and there, which I consider to be one heck of an accomplishment given the 90ºF days (plus humidity!!) we've been having around here. I tried to take a picture this morning but they just look weird and hard to see. Oh well. At least I know they're still there right?

5 Comments:

Blogger melinda said...

Awww... as eager as I am to see Olivia, I am content to wait as long as necessary. Like you said, they say 40 weeks for a reason! Though I'm sure Olivia is approaching a point where she is healthy enough for delivery, even one more day "in utero" can make a difference and I wouldn't gamble that for anything.

I also think "due date" is kind of a relative term. I'm sure that the date you have figured is different from the date your doctor figured, and either way your body and your baby know when it's time. True, sometimes babies need a little encouragement (I've told you before that both my sis and I were born over 2 weeks after our due date, by induction) but I think that is still very different for different individuals.

Olivia, we're eager to see you, but take your time and don't come until you're ready!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I'm with you. Why get antsy before you're even past due.

Yesterday was so hot here and I was so over heated. I said to Frenchie that I was very glad that I would be 40 weeks pregnant in this heat. I thought of you. :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

People are just soooooo friggin' impatient! Can you believe I'm even getting people already asking me if I've had the baby yet? I mean, come on! People just can't appreciate living in this incredible moment, and that's a shame. They just want everything to move faster, faster, when this is such a good time in itself. I totally get you on this. =)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

I'm sure I would feel the exact same way! Enjoy every moment hon!

11:52 AM  
Blogger LCP said...

I laugh becuase I get that question now sometimes, with 6-weeks to go!! I must look huge, haaaaa!

Some women are very uncomfortable and can't wait for it to be over, others cherish as many weeks as they can, sounds like you are the latter and that is awesome!! I pray she comes when she is good and baked!!

Good luck this week.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home