s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 12, 2007

Weighty Issues

Ugh. I got on the scale and have discovered I am heavier than I thought and I HATE it. I know G and I are talking about getting back on that TTC band wagon and I DEFINITELY do not want to do that before I am about 40 pounds lighter. Given my PCOS issues I also need to make sure I keep my weight down to ensure regular ovulation. It's not just about looks, it's also about health and fertility.

So here's the question - any tips for extra weight loss secrets while breastfeeding? I know I've used breastfeeding as a crutch and an excuse to eat anything I want and that's just not good. That stops today and a healthy lifestyle begins. I'm thinking exercise is going to be the key and that I'm so going to have to actually get on the elliptical that is taunting me in the living room.

I'm not going to post my actual weight here (I just don't have the courage for that) but I will definitely let you know how the loss is going. I will also be talking a lot more about my food choices and the decisions I'm making about nutrition. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any feedback about things that have helped you and any things you have learned in your struggles with the scale. There will be a +/- update at least once a week so that I will actually feel like I'm being held accountable and hopefully that will also get me off my every expanding rear. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I know how you feel but really since you can't actually "diet" your only option is exercise. Not that you should worry too much about it when you're breastfeeding. I don't even have that excuse anymore....

Need. to. do. something.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Gosh I wish I had some helpful advice here but I've been doing poorly myself. If you'll remember I wanted to lose 20-30 lbs by next summer and so far, I've lost nothing (its been four months). I have been working out but not watching what I eat too much. I JUST LOVE FOOD. I told hubby only things I enjoy more than food are our twins.

I hope you'll find something that will work for you. Just remember to take it slow in the beginning. I've heard other seeing results in as little as 4-6 weeks when working out regularly. Good luck Brandy!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here to push WW again! ;) Seriously they give you a bunch of extra points for breastfeeding moms and I know women that have had great sucess without messing up their supply.

Good luck Brandy!! :)


Miss X

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home