We had a fire at work!!
Okay, so it’s not as dramatic as all that but there was a fire and it was at work. On Saturday morning my co-worker/friend (who was also taught our birthing classes) got a call at 3:43 a.m. from the fire department notifying her of a fire. Apparently our thermostat malfunctioned and caught itself on fire!! This is extremely rare but somehow it did it anyway. The pictures I'm including were taken with my camera phonek, so please don't judge the crappy quality. Below is the aftermath of the fire:
This is from a different angle and shows where the thermostat used to be.
A good friend of mine is a fireman and was on duty the morning of the fire. He was actually the one that saw the flaming thermostat on the floor and stepped on it to put the fire out. Yes, that's all it took. There was a TON of smoke and soot but just stepping on the silly thing got the situation under control. This is where the flaming piece of hardware landed and was eventually stomped out.
And this is the up close view of where the thermostat once was. Lovely isn't it?
Hopefully our insurance company will get this investigated and settled soon so that we will have heating and air again. Yes, that's right, we have no heat and the lows during the evenings are about 35 and the highs are 45-55. It's just fabulous.
Oh and I really didn't mean to have another picture post, I know I seem to have done a lot of those lately, and I actually meant to speak about something all serious and personal. Oh well, I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. He he. Sorry to leave you in suspense!