s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 26, 2005

Ready for Fall

Fall is definitely my favorite season, it always has been. Having a big sweatshirt on and maybe a scarf, when the air is just a little crisp. I love the smell of fall too, it's different. There's just something in the air that makes me happy. I live in the Midwest (sort of) and I love seeing the leaves change and hearing the crunch of them under my feet. I love Halloween and pumpkins and scarecrows. Of course the football season part doesn't affect me too much (I mean, I'm a fan but not a fanatic) but the rest is what I love. Although, I've been to a few football games where it was the perfect weather for a sweatshirt or blanket and some hot cocoa. That makes the game even more fun to me. I love corn mazes and hay rides and bobbing for apples. I love to decorate. Below are the newest acquisitions I picked up this week. The stand actually says "WELCOME FALL" now. I'm going to get bales of hay and have a nice display on my front porch. I'm a country gal at heart, I can't help myself.
















I also love the change fall brings. Most people I know love spring because of all the new life that's springing forth. Don't get me wrong, I love those things too, but fall makes it possible. For something new to happen, for those new flowers and tree buds, there has to be a dying away. I guess I look at it a little spiritually too. I know that may sound funny but I do compare it to my spiritual life. I know that for there to be a true change within me there has to be a dying away of sorts. I'm thankful for that time, a time to reflect and a time for change, knowing that spring isn't that far off.

1 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

I really like the way you described the Fall as a time for the necessary dying away of things in our lives, in order to make room for a rebirth. I think that's a really lovely way to phrase it, and I very much agree. Not only that, but your other descriptions took me right back in time to high school footballs games in Indiana. The fall there was definitely something special. =)

ps---glad to see you're back blogging again.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home