s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 04, 2005

The Job Change

I know what you're thinking - 2 entries in 2 days - NO WAY! LOL!! Well, hold on to your hats. He he.

So I thought changing jobs would be easy. I mean I had lots of vacation time at my old job to use up and take time off, my part-time job needed me to start full-time very badly, and I was ready to move on. Of course, things weren't nearly as easy as they should have been.

My job with the University ended very badly. They were horrible to me. When I would call in sick they would ask for a doctors note (which was not policy) just because they were mad I was taking off. The last week I was supposed to be there I called in, I just couldn't go back. When I went to pick up my things (which I had boxed up the week before) I found out my boss and co-worker had gone through my personal belongings to make sure I wasn't stealing university property. I was so insulted, I can't even begin to express it here. That was definitely the last sign I needed that I was doing the right thing.

My full-time job (the one that used to be part-time), on the other hand, has been great. It's definitely been a transition though, to say the least. I was so used to getting up and leaving the house everyday, to not do that was just weird for a while. Now I work in the office when they need me but about 75-90% of the time I'm sitting at home in my pajamas typing away. I definitely feel appreciated and needed in this job and that makes a huge difference. I have NO stress compared to my old job and I'm just plain happier. I hope to be able to start back to school again this summer and keep working on my accounting degree, and working at home is what's really going to make that possible. I am so blessed, I can't say that enough. Let me know if you have any questions about my job - would be happy to answer them anytime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Marie said...

I'm so glad that your job is going well for you! Too bad you don't have all that extra free time though. Sorry to hear that you had problems leaving your old job, what a way to say good-bye to someone :(!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home