s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Get out there and VOTE!

I say that now but man do I dread standing in line for four hours. Okay, so maybe it won't be that bad but it'll probably be at least an hour and that sucks. Even so, I will be doing my civic duty and going to the polls.

I haven't talked a lot about politics here but I figured I would let you in on my stance on the issues and what party I belong to. Now, I will temper that information with this - I don't care what your views are or what your party affiliation is. I respect all those who choose to follow a different party than myself (a lot of my family does, as a matter of fact) and I do not judge people or attack them for their beliefs or views. I ask that same respect here. If you don't like what I have to say, you have every right not to read this. I know I've said it before but I thought it was worth repeating.

Well, now that I've gone on about that I will get down to the business at hand. I am a Republican - a BIG one. I will be voting for Bush and many other Republicans today. I will not be voting for any Democrats. That may sound unfair and silly that I would only vote for someone who is in the party I support and if you are thinking that then you are right. I wish we didn't have parties. I would love it if I could vote for people only on the merits of how they feel about important issues. That would make me very happy but that's not how it is now. At present time we have parties that support certain issues. I will tell you one specific issue I do not support (again, I do not judge, do not judge me) and that is abortion. I am against abortion other than those used in the cases of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother or child is severely compromised. The Democratic party as a whole is Pro-Choice. There are many Democrats that I like a lot and that are not Pro-Choice but I still cannot vote for them. If I do vote for them I feel like I am giving my support to that party and that issue and I can't do that. Before you jump up and say there are Republicans that are Pro-Choice, you are right, there are. This may sound crazy or stupid but I don't vote for them. If I can't support either candidate, I don't vote for that office. I guess I just feel that I have to hold true to my beliefs, even if it means not voting for either person running.

There you have it, that's my party affiliation and at least one reason why. There are of course many more but there isn't enough room or time here for those. I hope that you all think about the reasons that you vote for who you do and no matter who you choose that you get out there and make your voice heard. Your vote does count but you have to actually do it to make a difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Wow Dani, thank you for the support. I wasn't sure if I would get any reponses at all to this post and it makes me feel good that someone's reading. I agree about raising your children under this president and that President Bush would create a safer haven. Thank you again for the comment and I too hope that the best candidate wins.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Julianna said...

You are not alone. I am very pleased that the public went out and voted like both parties asked for and the turnout was tremendous.

Take care.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home