s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week In Review (Ep. 1)

As I was reading all of your awesome comments last week it occurred to me that I don't always have time to respond to every one of them, even though each and every one of them means the world to me. That being the case, and since I'm trying to make more of an effort to blog more, I am going to do a "Week In Review" on weeks where I actually have multiple blog posts and would not only like to respond to comments but would also like to give updates on those posts. It may work out or it may not but I'm giving it a try.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Abuse: I was so surprised to find out that so many of you have dealt with the exact same issues that I have. I hate that so many of us have fought our bodies so hard but it gives me hope to know that I'm not alone and that with eachother maybe we can make some changes. Of course I fell off the wagon over the weekend (think hamburger, fries, AND a chocolate shake - yep, big time off the wagon) but that doesn't mean I'm giving up. Just because I'm not perfect doesn't mean I have to stop trying.

Also, thank you for the encouragement that even with talking about food and weight loss and all that good stuff that you won't leave me. The blog community is like no where else and most certainly better than I could have ever asked for.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Baby Steps: Small things do make a difference, I just need to do more and more small things. I wasn't able to get on the elliptical over the weekend but I will be back at it soon. Hopefully as my schedule comes together with my new part-time position I should be able to work something in. I know I have to make myself a priority too and am making the effort to do that.

You are all right, I'm not going to focus on the amount of weight to be the "just right" place, I'm just going to focus on becoming a healthier me. That's all I can do right now.

Miss X - I know you're going to do great with this pregnancy. Don't worry about the past, just the future. Once you have that beautiful little baby you can get back on the weight loss band wagon.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Free Book Download: Did you all go get your free book?? PLEASE tell me that you did. :-) I believe it's going to be available until Thursday morning but I would get it by Wednesday just to be on the safe side.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Invisible: I have to say that you all SHOCKED me when you said that you understood the situation I am in right now. Seriously, I could not have imagined how common a story this is and I really hate that any one has had to go through anything like this.

DD - You're exactly right, I don't want to look like I'm complaining but I don't want to be treated badly either. I just hate that it feels like a lot to be respected and included.

Rachel - I think the really bad thing is that I had SUCH a good situation as far as co-workers went when I worked at my last job. We got really spoiled because even as a group of women we got along great and worked so well together. Actually, I went to a dinner party at one of their houses on Saturday and another previous co-worker was there too, that's how close we still are. I am most definitely the outsider here though and treated as such. No fun at all.

Wait Another Year - I didn't include this in the post but A & T are also sisters, so that REALLY doesn't help. It's like a constant united front on whatever it is they don't like or don't agree with. It's very frustrating and difficult to deal with.

Meg - Part of your comment was actually about the weight loss issues and I would LOVE any websites you can sent my way. You're welcome to email them to me directly or leave them in the comments. Thanks!

OHN - You're right, there is definitely a lot of things going on and none of them good. Thank you for the encouragement and I can assure you I am watching the want ads all the time. I go to orientation for my part-time transcription position tomorrow. I really want that one to turn into full time but until then I'm just doing what I can.

Sky Girl - Toxic is a perfect word to describe it. There's nothing good here and I'm just really ready to move on. The job market is tight right now but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I think that pretty much sums it up for last week. Hopefully I will be able to say good things about my orientation tomorrow and the week to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger OHN said...

Hey Brandy....if you want to shoot me an email I can give you the name of the recruiter at a company that I will be starting with next week. She was delightful. I think they have a couple openings. Let me know if you want more info.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home