s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Love

Please take note that this post will discuss my faith. I don’t ask that you agree with it but I ask that you respect it. If you do not want to hear about it then quit reading now, that’s just fine.

I was on my way to work this morning when I heard this chorus:

You only get just one time around
You only get one shot at this
One chance, to find out
The one thing that you don’t wanna miss
One day when it’s all said and done
I hope you see that it was enough, this
One ride, one try, one life…
To love…

It brought tears to my eyes. I am so very thankful I know what this one life, this one try is all about. I have faith in a God that has blessed my family and me and watched over us.

I have a husband who loves me and our children more than anything in this life. I know without a shadow of a doubt that in an instant he would lay down his life for us and that’s an amazing thing to know. Not only that but he also makes a great horsy when Aiden wants to jump on his back and sings to Livi like nobody’s business. He makes me laugh and rubs my feet. He also has faith, that we serve an awesome God and that we are a part of His plan. He prays and looks for the will of God and seeks after His guidance. There’s a great peace in knowing you’re married to someone who has the same beliefs as you and that can lift you up when you’re feeling down. G has been a part of my life for over 12 years now and my husband for over 10 years. He is my partner and my best friend. When I have struggled through the crippling loss of my dad, through infertility and following a heartbreaking miscarriage he was the one that understood when I didn’t even have the words to express my feelings. He knew my heart and no words were necessary. He still knows to this day. There are times I don’t even have to tell him I’m down and he’ll look at me and know it’s my dad on my mind. That’s just the kind of man he is. He was the one cheering me on through the births of our children and I will never forget the look of utter joy and astonishment on his face as each of them came into this world, nor will I forget the incomparable cheerleader he was for me the entire time.

Not only have I been blessed to have my best friend as my husband but we together have been abundantly blessed with Aiden and Olivia. Even when they keep you up into the wee hours of the morning there’s just nothing sweeter than that full face smile only a baby has and the wild hair of a sleepy toddler. Our lives are brighter and more full because they are a part of them. Of course things are busier and more hectic than ever but I wouldn’t trade a minute of it. My mother missed out on knowing me and my brother. She didn't see us grow up and become the people we are today and I know that's the last thing I want. I am amazed every day just watching Aiden and Livi develop and change and become the little people they are. There's nothing you could give me that would make me give that up.

We are also blessed not only with a natural family but also a church family, people around us that love us unconditionally and who would do anything in the world for us. I know my faith in God and the belief that He is in control is what guides me and gets me through this every day life. I know that I only get this one shot at life and love and I don’t want to take it for granted. God has been too good to me and my life is too full for me not to share it and proclaim it. I am thankful for my life and my love and this chance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss X said...

Beautiful Brandy.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What a great tribute to God and your family!

Thanks for sharing, there are so many people out there that have no faith much less a faith in God that it is nice to see someone who does, and who doesn't seem weird about it.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home