s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

To Cheese or Not to Cheese

That is the question. I was thinking about doing something simple and a bit more homemade for my family this year for Christmas. Of course money is tight in general but we don't have so little that we can't buy a few little things. On G's side of the family we just buy for the kids since we have such a large extended family. Conversely, on my side of the family we buy for everyone because we just have my grandparents, two aunts, and my brother so it's not nearly as many people to buy for. Also, my family absolutely loves my children, since they are the first two grandbabies in 27 years. That being said, I'm thinking about doing photo calendars for everyone. What do you think? Too cheesy and cheap sounding? I don't want people to think we cheaped out (because really they're not SUPER cheap or anything). I actually gave this a lot of thought and think I would love getting something like this as a gift. What do you think? Yay or nay?

11 Comments:

Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

Personally? Yes, I would love this as a gift. Especially if you are able to go as edit the dates to include family birthdays and annivesaries so they don't have to write them in.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

We did one for a family reunion awhile back and everyone loved them.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

As long as it's a close connection, I think calenders are okay. I was thinking about calenders for the grandparents but might go with photo mugs instead. Guess I'd better figure it out.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I do photo calendars from Snapfish for the grandparents every year. They absolutely LOVE them. So, I would say it is a terrific idea & your family will love them!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

I made them one year and I think they are great! :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think it's a great idea. We always give something to my family that has to do with pictures of our daughter. A lot of people don't really need anything and they'd rather have something to be able to look at their loved ones.

4:56 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Totally not cheesy! We actually just got Snippet's photo taken and are giving framed prints to close family members for Christmas. It's personal, but still affordable.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I think that is a great gift!! "Homemade" gifts are the best!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea. This year for friends and not immediate family I am making homemade breads. I have to do something with all those ripe bananas I have in my freezer.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it sounds awesome! I do things like that for my family too and they love it.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Wait Another Year said...

yep i agree - it will be an awesome gift! if i got it, i would def love it too! afaterall, who could resist those adorable faces!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home