s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

New Problem

I have a new issue that we never had to address with Aiden. Olivia is breastfed (as Aiden was) but we have to get her on a bottle because I will soon be going back to work full-time (please don't disparage me over this, I have no choice in the matter). So far I have tried two different kinds of bottles, a Nuk and the Adiri. Aiden took to the Nuk bottles like it was nothing and never had a problem taking a bottle. As long as breast milk was coming out he didn't care where it came from. Apparently Olivia is a little pickier in her milk consumption. So far she has not liked the Adiri and barely takes the Nuk. I would like her to have something she doesn't hate since she will have to take it 3-4 times a day while I am away from her. Any advice or thoughts on the bottles you used or techniques you have tried for your breastfed babies would be more appreciated than I can express. Thank you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

It really is a hit and miss kind of thing. Go into the nearest target or walmart and pick up one of 3 or 4 kinds, which is what we did.

ZGirl ended up with the playtex drop-in bottles with the latex nipples, which are a bit softer than the silicone. Now that she's getting use to a bottle, I may introduce the silicone.

2:16 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

I agree with DD. My boys all liked the softer more pliable nipples. Of course they were all lazy and didn't want to work that hard for their food ;)

6:29 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

We have used bottles a couple of times already, on days when I had to be gone for several hours and Jake fed the baby from our pumped stash. The bottle we used worked great, so I'm giving it our full recommendation. We're using the Playtex Ventaire Wide bottles. Here's the link: http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/infant/bottleFeeding_reusables.asp

Jake says the baby took to the nipple on this with no problem. And, when I got home and fed him, he was right back to the breast without skipping a beat. Let me know if you find another brand that works out well!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

LG wasn't picky at all. I used the cheapest ones from wal-mart just fine. He also did OK with the Gerber wide top (I think it's been discontinued) and Nuk.

You can just try different nipples if they'll fit on the bottles. Good luck!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Do you have "Pigeon" brand in the states? That's what they recommend here for breastfed babies.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Question, have you had someone else try to bottlefeed for you? My DD never really wanted a bottle from me. It was like she realized if I was there she could get the real thing. When my husband bottle fed her if I was not around, she was fine. Figured it was worth a mention.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't breastfeed so I don't know much about the transition. My kids preferred the Playtex bottles with the drop in liners though.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home