s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Opinions Needed (and just plain BEGGED for!!)

It hasn't been that long ago that I was begging God for a baby, just one baby. After my miscarriage I can remember promising that if I could have just one baby I would never ask for another again. I don't believe that was the best prayer in the world, for many reasons, but I do truly believe that God answered it and blessed us with Aiden. Then God had something else in mind and just a few months later we were blessed with our adorable little Olivia.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy we are with our two babies and how very much we love them. That being said we have absolutely decided that as much as we love the two we have we are not sure that we want anymore any time soon. So that's where the opinion (and advice) part of this post comes in. I'm now 6 weeks post-pardum (how did the time fly by so fast??!!) and have to worry about birth control again. If you had told me 3 years ago that it would be a worry of mine I'm not sure that I would have believed you but apparently it is. Right now I'm very much thinking in the direction of an IUC - namely the M*irena. I spoke with Liz (my midwife) today and she says I'm a perfect candidate for one. We definitely don't want any more children for at least 2 years, it won't interfere with my milk supply, and it's 99.9% effective at preventing pregnancy. So what do you think?? Have any of you used an IUC? Do you have opionions about them either way? If you have used one would you recommend it to someone else? Any side effects or issues with them? Any thoughts or help on the subject would be GREATLY appreciated.

Oh and of course I thought a poll would be fun because I've never done one but would love as many opinions and thoughts as possible. Even if you do the poll and answer a straight yes or no I beg you to leave comments and really let me know anything you can about this subject. The poll will only be open until October 28th at 12:00 p.m. because I have an appt regarding this matter on October 29th and want your opinions well before that. Thanks for sharing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I wish that I had some wisdom to share with you. I went and read up on Mirena and it seems interesting. I had never heard of it before.

I don't think that I would like to go back on the pill and condoms are so bothersome.... I might consider this device myself when the time comes. In my case though, we're pretty sure that we're happy with 2 and the mister will be going in for the snip.

We never used any birth control between our two pregnancies other then just plain timing.

I'll be interested to hear what other readers have say and what you decide upon.

7:13 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

Do a bit of research. The old styles of intrauterine implants caused many many problems for women later on. I don't know how the new one measures up. It appears to be made of a material that isn't as scary as the old "metal" implants. Just be very well informed before you use anything :) Good luck :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger melinda said...

So, my opinion is maybe a little not as good, because I am a virgin and not exactly in the "needing birth control to prevent getting knocked up" category.

But, I HAVE taken birth control pills before (for other problems w/ my reproductive system). I've heard GREAT things about IUDs- both Mirena and the copper type- though I've never used that because I guess you can't have that until after you have a baby (which obviously I have not).

I've used several types of BC with varying results... my favorite was probably Seasonale, since it makes you have fewer periods and who doesn't like that?

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home