s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Disappointment

Do you ever feel like a failure? Like no matter what you try to do in life it always feels like two steps forward and three steps back? I applied for a job recently that seemed PERFECT. It also seemed like I had a great chance at getting it. They called yesterday and offered me a part-time position. Part-time. Well crap. I don't need a part-time position. I need a full-time job that treats me with respect and offers me benefits. Where I don't go to work constantly worried that my boss is judging me on made up rules in her head that I just haven't figured out yet. I want to have benefits so that I don't have to worry about G losing his job and our family not having any insurance. I want to have a little extra money so we could actually get a bigger car. Please note that I didn't say a brand new car or a really fancy car, just something a little new and a little bigger. Is that really too much to ask for? All a part-time job would do is eat into the small amount of time I get to spend with my family as it is. It would be working at home but I can barely keep my house together as it is. My laundry is constantly behind and half the time it feels like we live in a house that a thief has ransacked looking for some unknown treasure. I'm so freaking torn about this. The money from a part-time job would really help and would really be nice but would it be worth it? Crap, crap, crap.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wait Another Year said...

I hear you - I have the same worries and concerns. It's been so hard finding a good full time job. Let's hope that we'll both be able to find something better next year. The money and good health insurance is worth waiting for.

As for laundry, no's no getting ahead of that. I normally do 3-5 loads every other day and am still behind! Now I just wash what's most important and try not to let it get me down too much.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hang in there. I always say that when it does happen, it all happens at once. Good luck on the job search!!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Best of luck finding the right job! I know it is tough out there.

7:59 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

I have the exact opposite problem. I have been hired to work for a company that wants me to work more hours than I can. Wanna switch jobs?:)

9:16 AM  
Blogger formerteacher said...

I feel overwhelmed and swamped myself. My husband has a boss that sounds like yours, and we never see him. We have a child with asthma, though, and they do offer benefits so we're stuck. Benefits are golden right now as we know many people do not have them. I know we are lucky for him to have a job.Good luck on everything. Things have a habit of working out just when we are at our limits.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home