s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 09, 2009

Invisible

Do you ever have something that eats at you? I mean, something that you feel like really shouldn't matter but it eats at you and bothers you and just keeps coming up in your mind even though you feel like you should just let it go?

Here's the problem - I swear, I'm like the leper of the office or something. There are two full time office people, A & T. Some days it feels like A & T just humor me and talk to me because I'm here, not because they actually like me or anything. And I definitely don't feel liked in my boss, Dr. J's, eyes. Here are some examples. On Wednesday December 10th Dr. J came in for a few patients and her husband, JB, came in too (because he's bored I guess). When she got done they invited A & T to lunch. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just left but did they? No. They were all "we're going to go and eat lunch, we'll be back soon. Please answer the phones." Luckily I already had lunch plans and ended up locking up and leaving but how crappy was that? The boss and her husband bought A & T lunch and didn't even offer for me to come along. They take T to dinner all the time to "talk about business". I'm the freaking Office Manager for gosh sakes! Last Wednesday (New Year's Eve) Dr. J saw patients that day too and apparently was going to take A & T for lunch then also but got really busy and didn't have time. Instead she gave them her credit card to take and get lunch. Again, was anything at all offered to me?? NO! T was off work yesterday but A was here with a temp, S, that comes in sometimes when we need her (she used to work here years ago, before me). About 12:30 p.m. A came to me and asked if I was going to get lunch. I said that I had to run home to drop something off to G (he was home sick) but then I was coming right back. I said I would be glad to pick her up something on my way back though. JB walked in and handed me a $10 bill and said "here, this is for her lunch". Do you think he offered to pay for mine?? Of course not. While I was out A called and said to go ahead and get S's lunch with that money too, that JB said he would get hers.

And one more thing, when I go to lunch I ALWAYS offer to pick something up for the other girls. I mean, that's just common courtesy. And I looked up just a few minutes ago to see A walk in with Taco Bell. I didn't even realize she was going and she definitely didn't offer to get me anything even after I picked her lunch up yesterday.

Apparently I don't matter at all. I didn't think I was that disliked but actions speak louder than words.

6 Comments:

Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

I think that is really harsh of them to treat you like that. I've been in similar situations and you feel as if you can't say anything b/c then they think you are complaining and then they won't ask you anyway or if you ignore it, it just eats at you. It sucks.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

When I worked in an office, I was always kind of an outsider too. It isn't any fun at all. I wish you didn't have to deal with that.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Wait Another Year said...

That is really rude of them! I wonder if they have something against you. I was in a similar work situation about 6 years ago and it was awful. However, we all knew that we didn't like each other (they gossiped more than work and I got tired of covering for one of them). I ended up quitting shortly afterward and it was the greatest feeling to be away from such rude and inconsiderate people.

Have you thought about talking to one of them to see why they are behaving that way towards you? It's unlikely, but they may not even realize how they are making you feel. Surely, if things continue that way, you will begin to hate your workplace. I hope things will get better soon! Keep us posted on this.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hi Brandy - I'm sorry things at work are so sucky right now. It really affects everything when you feel that way about where you work. I hope things get better.

Am happy to read along weight loss and exercise stuff - I have a couple of great website I can direct you to if you get obsessive. I used Weight tracker when I was losing. it helped to be full on about it.

Just remember - if you don't give up, you cannot fail at this. It's kind of obvious, but it helps me to think of that. xxx

8:27 AM  
Blogger OHN said...

Brandy...this is so bad that I can't believe it. There is obviously something going on there besides a little rudeness.

Truthfully, I can't speak for your situation in particular, but if it were me, I would be spending my lunch hour at job interviews. Why stay where there is such obvious hostility?!

I know it is a tough job market out there but this situation will start to have an effect on you physically and at home too after awhile.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Sounds like a toxic environment. I've been in places like that before. Not fun.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home