s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

6 Years

I buried my father 6 years ago today. I think I miss him even more now, 6 years later. When he died my pastor's wife who had lost her father 5 years prior summed up my feelings in a way I couldn't yet put into words. She said it feels like a part of you has died and she was absolutely right. I ached in a way I could explain to no one but she understood, she knew that pain. Part of me did die with him because he was just that important to me. I miss him every day and hate that I won't get to see the joy on his face as he greets his granddaughter for the first time. Life is bittersweet sometimes and this is one of those times.

Max Edward Campbell, Jr.
May 25, 1956 - August 30, 2002

6 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

Thinking of you, sweetie and sending hugs and comfort your way. I'm sure this kind of sorrow never gets easier to bear. *hugs*

8:36 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

I so understand and wish I didn't. Thinking of you.

1:18 PM  
Blogger janis said...

Max Edward is such a strong-sounding and dignified name.
I am so sorry you lost your father when he was so young. There is never enough time, is it?
Big hugs to you.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I am sorry. I can't imagine what that must be like.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly dread when this day comes, and I'm willing to bet it's even worse than I could ever imagine. :(

Thinking of you,
D

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am so sorry, Brandy. This hits home for me.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home