s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

39 Weeks

Another day and I'm still here! :-)

I had my regular check-up with the midwife (Liz) today. I am now 4 cm dilated, which means things are still moving along on their own (or at least a little bit more regularly than with Aiden!). Liz said that if I was really ready to have this baby she would be happy to get me in to the hospital on Friday and break my water to get things moving. She also said that since I'm 39 weeks, if I'm content to wait a week we can wait and see if anything happens naturally. I am just fine waiting a week to see what happens but given that Aiden was not a small baby and we had a little shoulder dystocia issue I am glad not to go much beyond 40 weeks. If nothing does start naturally in the next 9 days I will be checking into the hospital on Friday September 12th to have Liz break my water and see if things go a bit more smoothly than Mr. Aiden's arrival. Don't know if I will be here for a 40-week picture (a girl can dream of a naturally occurring, completely smooth labor right??) so here is my picture from today.

This may be the last time you get to see my work bathroom. Try not to be too disappointed if that's the case - ok?

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss X said...

You look awesome!
4cm - wow! I'll be praying for a naturally occuring, smooth birth for you!

3:33 PM  
Blogger melinda said...

Aw shucks, but it's such a pretty bathroom! :)

Not long now- keep on dilating and Olivia will be here before we know it! :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Looking great, mama!

As much as I'll miss that fabulous bathroom, I'll trade it for pics of your little cutiepie any day!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, how exciting! You'll be holding your little princess before you know it!

12:04 AM  
Blogger janis said...

You look wonderful!
Beautiful birthing vibes to you... all the best, mama.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home