s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

1st OB Appointment

This is a little delayed – chalk it up to being exhausted, having constant nausea, and being extremely busy at work, which means I have no desire to be on the internet at home. Anyway, I had my first OB appt on Thursday 7/27 and it went pretty well I think (not that I have anything to compare it to).

Mostly there was A LOT of talking – lots of medical history and recommendations about testing and birth classes. Considering how much I like to read there wasn’t really anything she said that I hadn’t heard or read before.

The most exciting part was when she asked if I wanted to try to hear the heartbeat – and most of me wanted to jump up and down and say YES, YES, PLEASE – but the restrained part said that would be wonderful. Given that it’s still early she said it might be difficult and it took her a few minutes but when she got to the lower left part of my abdomen there it was. I could tell by the look on her face she was happy and her exact words were “there it is, it’s unmistakable.” It truly was beautiful to hear again, to have a little more reassurance that things are going okay.

At that point it was over and I got sent for all the blood work I’ve heard about. This was the part I was least looking forward to given my fear of needles but the guy who did it was FABULOUS. Seriously, I HATE needles and I could barely feel it – he was that good.

I don’t know how to wrap this post up other than to say things seem to be going okay right now and that makes me one happy gal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Congrats on the great appointment!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

I'm so glad your appointment went well! And, how wonderful to get to hear the heartbeat and get some much-appreciated reassurance. =)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just had my first in April, an it it the most wonderful experience. I remember the nausea, but hopefully it'll be gone in a few weeks. Hope this continue to go well! :-)

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home