s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting Through

I know that's the title of this blog but as I started to write the title of this post, it was the only one that seemed to fit.

Have you ever had a moment, an event, or a day in your life that should be normal but that you build up in your mind as something huge? That was Saturday for me. During the course of my first pregnancy I started bleeding at 5 weeks. Because of that, I was scared to death of that day. I looked at Saturday as if it were the day everything would go wrong. I know nothing in my previous pregnancy or current pregnancy had anything to do with that day but it still scared the heck out of me. I saw it as "THE DAY" that I must get through for this pregnancy to be okay. Of course that's not true in any way. Saturday came and went with nothing at all. I had built it up in my mind as this major milestone, when in reality it was just another day. It was one more day I had to get through and that's all. I know that if something is going to go wrong with this pregnancy it could happen at any time and I’m going to try to quit being scared and enjoy it as much as I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

I can totally understand why you were nervous---I think we all just build up symbolism like that sometimes. I'm glad it was an uneventful day and all was well!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home