s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Gripes

Okay, I was in a great mood yesterday and I'm still in a great mood today but I have a few gripes I need to get off my chest.

First, I DON'T WANT GLASSES. Okay, there I said it. I have better than perfect vision (15/20 thank you very much) but I need reading glasses. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I went to the eye doctor because I was worried about headaches I've been having at the end of the day. He said that I am experiencing eye strain from being in front of the computer all day long. He also said that a pair of reading glasses might help that and might prevent my headaches at the end of the say. So of course now I'm getting glasses. I don't want glasses but if it will help I will get them. I will hopefully pick them up today and I'm praying that I side towards cool in glasses and not the big dork that I feel like. :-)

Second, I am sick of a coworker. We are "partners" and basically are responsible for the same type of functions. Because of that we are eachother's backups and if one of us is not here the other one has to be. She has been here for 20 years so obviously she has seniority. Well, over the past few months a pattern has started to emerge regarding my days off. This week marks the third time I have requested off and she has interfered and taken a day I wanted. That was the last straw. I had previously spoken to the manager about this pattern and that I felt that this was not right according to policy. Yesterday I spoke with him again about the policy and showed him that I felt like her knowing when I ask for time off is not how the policy is written. He was interpreting it differently and is going to talk to Human Resources to find out exactly what needs to be done about the policy. I can't talk to my fellow employee because she acts as though she is above me even though we are at the same level and the only reason she makes more than me is because she has been here longer. I have decided that I will lay down no more. I will not let her walk on me and feel like she can get away with it. All I'm asking for is basic respect as a person and I will definitely be getting it.

Okay, there I feel better. Sometimes you just need to get things out to feel better about them and I am glad I did.

God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home