s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Jobs

Okay, as I've mentioned before I have two jobs. I have a fullt-ime job and a part-time job. I tend to work Monday and Tuesday 5-8 p.m. and 8 hours on Saturday (or the weekend really, pretty much whenever I want as long as I get 8 hours in). Well the part-time job is of course an extra money earner and I still have a normal, 40-hour a week, full-time job. I work for a University and I love the work I do. I am an Accounting Representative which is nice because it is condusive to the degree in Accounting I hope to one day achieve. I have included a link to the University website if any of you would like to see the city I live in or University I work for. It's a good job but it doesn't pay as nicely as I would like it to, hence the part-time job.

The part-time job, on the other hand, is completely different than my full-time job. I do medical transcription for a Pain Management office here in town. I have to say I love that job also. I enjoy the people I work with and the flexibility is awesome. It's also nice that's it's completely different than what I do on a regular basis. The major perk of course is the pay. Dollar wise I make almost as much as hour at my part-time job as at my full-time job. This of course was a huge shock when I got the job and I know it had to have been the hand of the Lord leading me there.

The only problem with these jobs is the time factor. I constantly feeled rushed. I am also very active in my church and I feel as though I never have time to even take a breath. I'm either rushing to get one place or another or I feel like I should be. The part-time job is giving me major experience that I never would have had otherwise. I know that in the future it could open doors for me to work at home and raise a family the way I have always wanted to. That and the office I work for is big time growing and will be opening a private hospital this year. That can of course open many doors for me and I am looking for direction from the Lord on how to handle the future.

I like to complain a lot (you can ask DH to verify that one) but I am thankful for what I have and the blessings in my life. I am a very anal-retentive person and I overanalyze everything. Talking this out and thinking about my jobs and priorities is a huge help. Thank you to all who come to my blog have the time and want to to continue reading my ramblings. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home