s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Friend

I have a friend. Well, I call her that now but considering all that's happened I don't think she calls me that. She used to be my best friend. We used to spend a lot of time together. Her husband was mine's best friend (and still is). We went to church together and spent almost every weekend at either her house with her husband and two kids (5 & 3 at the time) or our house. If we didn't talk on the phone a couple of times a week that was a weird week. She was a support and confidante for me. I loved her and tried to be as good a friend to her as she was to me.

Last August she decided she didn't want her life anymore. She didn't want your husband, the rest of her family, her church, or her friends. She left her husband and moved in with another man. She cut off all contact with anyone but her mother and aunt and then shortly cut off contact with them too. She only speaks to them now when she has to about her children. I have spoken to her only twice since she left and neither was for more than a couple of minutes. She has a new best friend. She tells people that we turned our backs on her and that she is happy in her new life. I get updates because I still go to church with her family and her ex-husband is still a very close friend. He gets the kids over half the time and has never stopped coming to church. I can honestly say I really don't want anything to do with her now but I miss who she was.

A few weeks ago she fell and broke her ankle in two places and had to have surgery. Of course her mother went to the hospital because she still loves her and wanted to make sure she was okay. She yelled at her, told her she hated her and yelled for the nurses to have her mother taken out as soon as she saw her. Her mother only wanted to express her concern and was shunned again. She was in the hospital a couple of days and sent home with a cast for six weeks and painkillers.

This week she did something stupid. Late Monday night or early Tuesday morning she overdosed on the painkillers (whether accidentally or intentionally is unknown). She was rushed to the hospital and her father called my pastor to tell him what had happened. She was on a respirator and in a coma. I requested prayer from everyone I knew to pray and I prayed before God on her behalf. Yesterday she woke up and I truly believe it is a miracle of the Lord. The doctors initially said it didn't look good and now as far as we know she won't have any lasting effects. I still thank and praise God for the miracle that he gave her, for touching her and keeping her even in a time when she has turned her back on Him.

The old her would have been the first to recognize and thank God for His blessing but of course this new her does not see this and does not care. She blames everyone else in her life for her problems and considering all of this I don't know what it will take to make her change. I still pray for her and I am still grateful that God touched her but I wish that she could see that too.

Like I said before, I don't want anything to do with the person she is now. I miss the person who used to be there, not this foreign, unknown person that seems to have taken over her body. I guess more than anything I just miss my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home