s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Catching Up On My Anniversary

This last month has been HARD. I've been working basically full time for the hospital, part time with my other job and for the college, taking classes, and of course doing the best I can to take care of my family and church responsibilities too. Too much. My part time job ends this week, which is a very good thing, and I am going to be really looking at my priorities. I need less stress in my life and that would be a good place to start. I hate to say this but I have been depressed. Life has been throwing challenges at me and I have no desire to step up. I don't want to continue feeling that way and know that if I am going to meet the goals I have that things have to change, one of them being me.

Other than my life being CRAZY, I do have something nice to report. The weight is still coming off. As of today I'm at 48.3 pounds down. I still can't believe it. I definitely have weeks where not a thing comes off, as everyone does sure, but it feels nice when it's as little as a pound. I got rid of my elliptical this week. I have had it about five years now and I just never really enjoyed using it. It's big and noisy and just plain hard for a short person. Of course I need a way to keep working out through the winter so I am getting a treadmill! Woo hoo! Actually it's used treadmill but when I say "used" I use that term loosely. My manager at the part time job bought it for his wife at tax time this year because she really wanted it. She said she's used it exactly one time. Yep, ONE time. So they sold it to me for CHEAP and I will get the benefit of the barely used treadmill. I have less than 37 pounds to go and I know getting my exercise up there will make all the difference in the world.

On a silly topic, I was told by someone that follows me on facebook that I needed to post more here because she didn't do well on my quiz. I figured I might as well give the answers here so over the next few days I will be answering all of my quiz questions with a few short stories to go along.

Question #1 was "What is Brandy's favorite holiday?" My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Most people might say because of the food but I just plain love the meaning of the holiday. It's a time to gather with the people that mean the most to you in the world and give thanks for each and every blessing you have received this year. Sometimes the years are hard and people we love are no longer with us to give thanks, but the blessings are still there. I hate that it's scrunched in between Halloween and Christmas and seems to be forgotten these days. I hope my children are able to see just how important it is to take time out and be thankful for all we are given.

And on an extremely personal note - to my husband of 11 years on our anniversary - I love you. Thank you for putting up with me and being there for me and all that you do. Thank you for wanting to be my husband and for loving me. No matter what life may throw at us, I am glad to know that I have you by my side to battle it together.

5 Comments:

Blogger From the Heart said...

I loved your post! Your comments about Thanksgiving and your husband brought a tear to my eye. You are my inspiration on weight loss. This morning I took 'before' pictures so maybe someday I can brag about how well I have done. So glad we met through our blogging and I am glad we are friends.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Gabe said...

What happened to that young man with all that blond hair? I keep looking for him in the mirror, but he's hiding.

Love you, too.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

You two look very lovely and happy. It's a great feeling to know that is still there, isn't it?

Very excited to see you progress to where you want to be with the weight loss. You're doing it the smart way and it's working!

7:55 PM  
Blogger docgrumbles said...

Happy Anniversary (belated)!

Congrats on the weight success!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Wait Another Year said...

You looked beautiful on your wedding day! Congrats on the weight loss - keep it up! You're an inspiration.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home