s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Going Down*

I finally broke the 40-pound mark today! I was 39.9 pounds down on Saturday and today when I got on the scale I could have done a little happy dance when I realized I not only got past the 40 mark but I was 1.5 pounds past the 40 mark.

In August I officially stopped nursing Livi (as I mentioned here) and everything as far as weight loss went just stopped. I dropped my WW points but things still weren't moving. I got frustrated, I changed things up, I might have kicked the scale a time or two when NOTHING moved. I didn't gain weight, I basically stayed within about 0.5 pounds EVERY SINGLE DAY. For a few days it was fine but day after day after day gets really, really old when you're doing everything you can to try to see the pounds come off. I just kept telling myself that after nursing and losing so much weight my first three months that my body needed to catch up and even out and eventually I would start losing again. Some days I believed myself and other times I felt like giving up and just accepting myself at this weight.

Apparently even though I was just trying to encourage myself, whether I truly believed it or not, I think I must have been at least partially right. Out of nowhere last week the weight started coming off again and I'm going in the right direction again. I will definitely be posting another update pic soon to show just how far I've come.

To all of you out there that are on the same weight loss journey just remember that it's worth it and please, please don't give up. Shoot me an email and we can become weight loss buddies. I'll send you any tips and tricks I've learned and I would love to hear the same from you. This path isn't easy but it is SO worth it.

*The nasty side of me giggled as I write that title. Yes, I'm just that bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats on a job well done! Keep it up! You are definitely an inspiration to others!!

D

9:24 AM  
Blogger From the Heart said...

Good for you!! I am so proud of you! I started WW 3 weeks ago and am down 7. Not as grand as 40 but hey, it is a start right?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

I came across your blog via Skygirl :)
Congrats on the weight loss. I'm so frustrated right now because in August I joined the gym to get in better shape and help my weight loss goals. I've lost a few inches, but the weight? THE SAME FRIGGEN NUMBER!!
So frustrating.
I could use some tips!

Oh..and I giggled too when I read your title. I'm not going to lie, but weight loss wasn't what I was thinking!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home