s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Word of the Day is BOOBS

Because mine are SORE.

Over the last few weeks my supply has really gone down and with Livi fast approaching the one year mark I thought that weaning was in our future. I wasn't that upset about it because I have been exclusively pumping for the last few months and that has really gotten OLD. Two weeks ago I decided to try her on whole milk and it went over fabulously. She drank it down like it was nothing and had absolutely no signs of gastrointestinal upset. All was well. Last week I was down to pumping twice a day and only getting about 10 ounces total. On Saturday I pumped in the morning and got only 3.5 ounces - my lowest ever for a first thing in the morning pumping session. That was when I decided we were done. If that was all I was going to get, not even enough for one feeding, then it wasn't worth it any more.

So do you think it was that easy? Ha! Of course it wasn't. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I felt a little full but nothing too terribly uncomfortable or anything. Today on the other hand I have rock hard boobs from h*ll!! They are hard and full and really, REALLY uncomfortable. Frick! Weaning Aiden was easy, my body did it naturally because I was pregnant. I don't have that particular issue this time but most certainly did NOT expect this.

So what do I do?? Part of me is seriously second guessing my decision to stop while the other part is looking up anything and everything possible to help until my body adjusts. I am thinking cabbage leaves and Zyrtec-D are in my future. If any of you can offer any insight or advice I would be forever in your debt. And ouch!

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss X said...

Ouch! You poor thing! Obviously I have no personal experience, but I know several women who swear by the cabbage leaves. Good luck!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I only remember the soreness lasting a week or so after I weened LG. Can you take Advil for the pain?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I had the same problem when I stopped breastfeeding after having the twins recently. I would just pump for a few minutes to get rid of the painful full feeling. I had to do that every other day maybe once for a few days until it wasn't sore anymore. Good luck!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I know I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on this but I pumped. Just a little each time to make the soreness go away. And gradually the time got farther and farther apart until I didn't have to do it any more.

Hope that helps.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Same thing about the previous posters...pump just enough to take away the pain and take some advil. Also, cabbage leaves work great as long as they are COLD. Warm ones don't do anything. Odd. :)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home