s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Seeing Progress

What do you think happens when I go to try to take a picture or video of myself to show off some progress?? Anybody, anybody? If you guessed the batteries in BOTH of my cameras would die then you would be right. Looks like I will have to run to Wal-Mart for some batteries. Ugh.

Well, I did get one picture that I'm happy with so I will go ahead and post it. I have to include a little background though. I didn't think to take true "before" pictures when I decided I really needed to lose weight in May. It just didn't occur to me. Now of course I'm really started to see it making a difference and wish I had some posed "before" shots to compare things to. Since I don't I got something that I considered the next best thing, so to speak. I have a skirt that I bought when Livi was maybe 6 weeks old. I wore it out for my anniversary in October and it fit just right. It wasn't tight but it most certainly wasn't loose. Today it falls off me. Please ignore the diagonal look, apparently my camera wasn't quite level. Oh well.

I have already given away one skirt that no longer fits and was considering giving this one away too but I think I will keep it until I hit my goal. It would be nice to have one item that I know for sure I wore at my biggest to be able to compare and see just how far I've come. I'm down almost 30 pounds now - only 10 more to forty!

9 Comments:

Blogger Gabe said...

Lookin' good! Sure wish my wife was that pretty . . . oh wait, she is. Score!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Wait Another Year said...

Excellent job! Keep going and you'll be at your goal in no time. Wish I had the will...sigh.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

That's amazing progress! Definitely keep the skirt to compare only, not as a "backup". In fact, maybe you should reward yourself NOW with something pretty. And feel good about it when it becomes to big, too.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Way to go! You look great.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

You look fantastic!! An inspiration.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Okay, there's my inspiration right there on the screen!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Karen @ Chez Perky said...

B, you look fantastic. Good for you! I remember standing outside the NICU waiting to be let in after my triplets were born and suddenly realizing my skirt was around my ankles.

Whoops!

(Um, I still have a lot of weight to lose, and um, very little motivation. Perhaps I'll use you as some inspiration. Or maybe I'll just keep sitting here on my tushie...)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Woo-hoo! So awesome and you look amazing!

12:20 PM  
Blogger From the Heart said...

So jealous. I wish I had the willpower to lose that much weight. Great progress photo.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home