s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Pain Update

I went to see my doctor (also my boss) yesterday. I was in so much pain a woman I work with had to come and get me and take me to the office. I couldn't move my neck at all without severe, shooting pain. I could basically only prop my head on my left shoulder and that was it. When we got there I couldn't lay down, I just had to sit on the bed with my head supported on my left shoulder. All of the nurses were WONDERFUL because I work with them daily. They took such good care of me.

So...when the doctor examined me and manipulated my neck to check what was going on I cried out in pain. I couldn't help it and tears immediately came to my eyes. He think I may have a slipped disc in my neck and that's what's causing the pain. I don't know if any of you remember this but I am a HUGE needle phobe and am scared to death of them. Yesterday I was in so much pain I was almost begging for an IV and sedation. I needed something to take the pain away. I received an IV in my hand before the doctor did the injection. Well, it was supposed to be just a cervical spine epidural with steroid to relieve the inflammation of the disc and help it to stop impinging on the nerve there. I did (yes, ME, I had an injection in my neck, into my SPINE!!) it and was feeling okay but I still didn't have great range of motion of my neck. Then he did another injection (won't go into the name, too complicated) into the right side of my neck to hit the nerve that was inflamed. I am stronger than I ever knew. When I get pregnant and go into labor bring on the epidural!!

Okay, so I know this story is so long and I really need to lay down so I'll wrap it up. He sent me for an MRI of my cervical spine (neck area) yesterday to see if I have a slipped disc. I should get the results back at the beginning of the week. If it's not bad I may just need a few injections to get it to pop back in. If it's bad I may need surgery. I had to buy a cervical collar to wear when I'm uncomfortable and to sleep on. I'm on pills for the pain, and I'm praying that the Lord takes care of my neck. Any prayers would be much appreciated!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Marie said...

OUCH! I hope this did the trick for you.

I can't imagine what it would feel like to explain to people you had surgery bcause you strectched wrong! YIKES!

Prayers said, now go rest that neck.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated. I love you all.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home