s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

She's Back...

AF is back and with a vengeance. I was really hoping to get at least 6 months off while exclusively breastfeeding but that obviously didn't work out. Apparently many women get 6-12 months (or more) without their period while breastfeeding but I did not get to be one of those lucky ladies. At least I made it to 4.5 months. For approx 13 months I only bled for one 6 week stretch until now so I guess I can't complain too much.

Now I have to ask - did any of you go right back to tampons or did you avoid them after giving birth, for fear of any pain? I wasn't completely sure but since AF came back her usual heavy self I opted for the tampons this morning and thus far they haven't been a problem. I was just glad my tampon/pad supply was still stocked and ready to go. Yuck.

Now as a reward for having to read about that I present one of Aiden's 3 month pics (I know he's four months now, I just love this pic) for your viewing pleasure:


Don't you just love his little crinkle forehead and the ever so dimply elbows??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After only 3.5 months of exclusive breastfeeding AF came back for me. Then they proceeded every 14 days or so... ick. Tampons hurt at first, so I had to wait some. Baby is now 7 months old and they don't hurt anymore.

10:45 PM  
Blogger DMB said...

Awwww...so sorry to hear about AF's premature arrival. I've been lucky for six months so far, but I have a feeling I'll eventually be paid back with the AF to end all AFs.

Pic is adorable. I just want to eat up those arms!!

D

11:41 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Man, AF stinks! She came back for me at 4 and a half months as well, even with exclusive breastfeeding. She was horribly inconsistant until about 10 months after Butterfly, and then back to normal. I layed off the tampons for a few months because they hurt, but if they feel great now, go for it!

Love those elbows!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Dawn Marie said...

A little late, but congrats on the munchkin!

DM

1:50 AM  
Blogger M said...

Well a little child pic after tampon talk is always a good thing. What a doll! :)

As for tampons...after Liam I never was able to use tampons again (then got pregnant 9 months pp). They just didn't fit right. It wasn't painful necessarily I just couldn't find any to fit my shape.

Now post Lily I got my first pp flow about 2 months after I had her and used tampons no pain whatsoever, still a little fitting issue, but I think I'll have to shop around again to find the right tampon. Evidently 15 years old standbys don't work post baby.

I HAVE heard a lot of luck with diva cups from a lot of gals pp. The concept seems mighty interesting to me but I'm too cheap to try it because I know even if I hate it I'll forget to return it.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home