s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

Bittersweet

Yesterday was G’s very first Father’s Day as a daddy. And it was great. Aiden picked out a new lawn chair for his dad (nothing special but G wouldn’t tell him anything else he wanted) and signed his card with a hand outline. G is an amazing dad. He enjoys Aiden each and every day and I can see it every time I see the two of them together. I am thankful that I have a husband who makes fatherhood his world, not his job.

Yesterday would have been my dad’s first Father’s Day as a grandpa. But he’s been gone for almost 5 years now. My daddy would have made a great grandpa (or papaw or pop or whatever word Aiden came up with). I hate that Aiden will never get to know what a special man my father was. I know I will do everything I can to share my dad with Aiden but I would have loved to have seen them together.

I don’t know how to end this post other than to say I hope you all had a wonderful Father’s Day too and to all those out there that are still trying to become fathers I hope you get to celebrate your first Father’s Day as such next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home