s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 06, 2007

Sick

Aiden is sick. He has strep throat, which really, really, really SUCKS. He is an extremely happy and content baby. Right now, not so much. I feel horrible because he just doesn't feel good and there's not a lot I can do about that. He's still nursing okay (have I mentioned how much I love breastfeeding?? that definitely needs to be its own post) but last night it was hit or miss so I've been pumping a lot to keep my production up there while his needs are different than normal. He's on Amoxicillin and infant Tylenol to get this bug gone. I think it's helping already, especially the Tylenol, as he has a fever, but his behavior still just isn't him. Normally he loves to be up on my lap or in his swing checking things out. Last night he basically laid on me or was held by me in his ring sling throughout the evening. I couldn't help but feel good that he wanted his mom (I know it's sick but when you have to work all day and leave your baby with his great-grandma it's nice to think he still needs you more than anyone else when you come home) but I hate that there's not a whole lot I can do to make him better - and FAST. Hopefully he will be back to his old laughing self any time now. Here's a pick to show my boy's regular personality.

Don't you just want to pinch those thighs??

5 Comments:

Blogger DMB said...

Poor little Aiden!! I hope he feels better soon. Love the smiley pic!! What a character! :)

D

3:12 PM  
Blogger ~ MeLissa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Aiden isn't feeling well. :( I understand completely about wanting to help them feel better but not being able. Little Nicholas is suffering from the gas thing again lately so we're suffering, too. Here's to a speedy recovery for your little angel (and ours!).

11:26 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

What a great little smile!! Hopefully he'll be feeling better quick-quick and can be smiling again soon. =)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I am sorry to hear that your little guy isn't feeling well. I know what you mean about just loving that feeling when all they want to do is snuggle with their mommies! And I am so with you about how much I love breastfeeding. Isn't it the greatest!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those baby cheeks! So hard to resist!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home