s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ramblings

I’m so, so, so late with my promised post, I know. Anyway, here’s the update and the pic I said would be included.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Thursday was my birthday and I couldn’t have had a better one. G was super sweet to me all day long. We went for a fabulous dinner at a quiet little Italian restaurant. Then we went to Barnes & Noble where we got dessert (Godiva chocolate cheesecake for me and blueberry coffeecake for G). G gave me a beautifully sentimental card from and roses. He also made sure there was a sweet card from Aiden to his mommy, which brought tears to my eyes. Oh and his big gift was a prenatal massage from a spa here in town. I went for that on Saturday and it was HEAVENLY.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Thursday was also my last “regular” prenatal appt. Everything checked out great. My blood pressure was good, as was my weight. I go back in 2 weeks, which will put me at about 36 weeks. That will be the first time they will check my cervix and they’ll do the group B strep swab that day also (I know, it sounds like fun).

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

We now have a crib and dresser in Aiden’s room, which G finished painting last week. I am still in awe that I have baby furniture in my house. I just stand in the door and stare at it, still trying to believe that it’s real and in just a few short weeks there’s going to be a little person in our home to use those things.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Hmmmmm. Oh and the COLTS WON!!! YEAH BABY!! We watched the game, willing them to win just to make it to the Super Bowl and they did! I can’t tell you how excited we were by that win. Of course it’s even more neat because the QB of the Bears is from our town, graduated from the same high school G did and so many people I know can say “I knew him when…” The Super Bowl is going to be one heck of an event this year.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

On a side note that I’ve tried my best not to mention I would love some good thoughts from all of you out there for someone I care deeply about. I promised her I wouldn’t say anything to anyone so I won’t tell you who she is but I will say that someone I love very much, who has experienced a loss, is now 8 weeks pregnant. She is doing really well after some initial early spotting at 6 weeks and a successful ultrasound at 6 and a half weeks. She has another ultrasound at 12 weeks and if everything looks good at that point we will be allowed to share the news with the world.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Here's the pics. The first one is the whole me from head to foot. Not sure how much the rest of me has really changed but the belly is definitely bigger.


And the second one is a close up of just the belly. It's really hanging out there and making its presence known now!!


I think that’s all the subjects I can include right now. I promise to post some pics of the room as soon as we get all of the extra junk out of there that’s in there right now. Thanks to all who have stuck around during my absences and who still care to come by and take a look at the things I write on here. I hope you are all doing well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Yeah, I love to see pics. You are absolutely glowing and look so happy. I've also graduated to the "every 2 week appointments". Not much longer now!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

You've got such a cute little belly!!

P&PT for your friend...

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, you look adorable in your belly pics! Wow, our babies are going to be here before we know it, huh? I have an appointment (with GBS swab) next week and then I get to start going every week. Wow :)

Happy belated birthday!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Great belly pics!! I'm so glad all your check-ups have been peaceful and uneventful. :)

Hope things go well for your friend, too.....

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home