s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Quick Update

I’m still here and things are still good – I’ve just been BUSY. Something happened the last week of November where I just got completely overwhelmed and this blog was what suffered. I’ve been working overtime, working on our church Christmas play, and still trying to stay up with my other cleaning job and church commitments. It’s been a mad house around my house lately.

Here’s a quick update though (and I promise, I will try to make it quick – lol). Everything with Aiden is going great. I had my regular pre-natal appt on 12/4/06 and had to have the GD testing done that day. The drink wasn’t horribly nasty (my office offered a red version – kind of like REALLY sugary hawaiian punch) and the test was over before I knew it. The results came back perfect though. They wanted me to be between 65 and 135 and mine was 102 – woo hoo!! I was very much NOT wanting to have to go through a 3 hour test and more blood draws so I am extremely happy with the results. I’m now down to going to the midwife every 2 weeks and go back again on 12/18/06. Hopefully things will look just as good then.

Last night we started our childbirth classes and it was fantastic. I actually work with a certified childbirth educator and she’s giving us private classes for free. I now know what “station” actually means and I’m much less nervous about the whole process. I can’t wait until next week when we talk more about the differences in Braxton-hicks versus real contractions and learn more relaxation techniques.

So that’s a quick update. Not a lot to tell but that’s okay. As usual I will try to be better about having posts up here. JJ has a fabulous idea for December – 5 things a day about a particular topic. I may jump on that band wagon with a few ideas we’ve discussed (trust me, you’ll love to hear about my crazy new co-worker).

Oh and a quick shout out to pixie who thought of me and even posted a comment to see where I’d disappeared to. It means so much to me to know that someone was thinking about me when I wasn’t posting, more than I can tell you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you passed your one-hour test and that your childbirth classes are going well so far! I haven't started any childbirth education yet because of my husband's uncertain schedule but hopefully soon before it's too late LOL. Have a nice afternoon!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I missed ya and just wanted to make sure things were still going good. Sounds like they are.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I am glad things are going well for you! I can't believe how close you are getting - Aiden willbe here before you know it!

3:24 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

private classes----awesome!! Glad to hear the baby's doing great!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home