Top 5 Crazy Co-Worker Comments
Here’s that post I promised previously about the weird new co-worker. She started at the beginning of November and at that time was about 17-18 weeks pregnant. She has been super WEIRD ever since. Here are the top 5 crazy things she’s said to me. Oh, and these are without any questions or provocation from me first. I have never, ever asked her opinion on anything regarding this pregnancy.
- What size maternity clothes are you in now? (She’s 5 weeks behind me and looks about 8 weeks ahead of me – oh and she wears a size 3X. Oh and this was after knowing me for about a week. Who asks someone that??)
- When I was about 24 weeks and she was about 19 weeks – “Oh I guess you are showing, I didn’t think you were showing at all and wondered just how pregnant you really were.”
- After finding out she’s having a boy, and knowing for weeks that I was – “guess what we’re naming him – Aiden!”
- After asking me if I’d given up caffeine – “well I think that’s silly. There’s no benefit to the baby and I still drink all the coffee and soda I want.”
- And today, after asking if I’m planning on breastfeeding – “I just don’t see the advantage to it and have never had a desire to do it. It just seems pointless to me.”
And then she asked about a shower for me so now I have to make sure she gets an invitation. I know that probably sounds horrible but I was really hoping just to invite what I consider close friends and family. Crap.
** Edited to add - thanks for the question Pixie - Aiden is what we're naming our baby.