s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Top 5 Crazy Co-Worker Comments

Here’s that post I promised previously about the weird new co-worker. She started at the beginning of November and at that time was about 17-18 weeks pregnant. She has been super WEIRD ever since. Here are the top 5 crazy things she’s said to me. Oh, and these are without any questions or provocation from me first. I have never, ever asked her opinion on anything regarding this pregnancy.

  1. What size maternity clothes are you in now? (She’s 5 weeks behind me and looks about 8 weeks ahead of me – oh and she wears a size 3X. Oh and this was after knowing me for about a week. Who asks someone that??)
  2. When I was about 24 weeks and she was about 19 weeks – “Oh I guess you are showing, I didn’t think you were showing at all and wondered just how pregnant you really were.”
  3. After finding out she’s having a boy, and knowing for weeks that I was – “guess what we’re naming him – Aiden!”
  4. After asking me if I’d given up caffeine – “well I think that’s silly. There’s no benefit to the baby and I still drink all the coffee and soda I want.”
  5. And today, after asking if I’m planning on breastfeeding – “I just don’t see the advantage to it and have never had a desire to do it. It just seems pointless to me.”

And then she asked about a shower for me so now I have to make sure she gets an invitation. I know that probably sounds horrible but I was really hoping just to invite what I consider close friends and family. Crap.

** Edited to add - thanks for the question Pixie - Aiden is what we're naming our baby.

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

1. Really. Who asks that? And does it really matter?
2. Um, just as bizarre as the first question.
3. Am I missing something here? Are you naming your baby Aiden?
4. Ridiculous. I don't drink any regular coffee anymore and very little regular pop. It's not easy, but it's not about me anymore.
5. What?!? How about checking out the plethora of literature that shows the benefits of breastfeeding. Maybe she should check out La Leche League's website.

She sounds like a complete idiot.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Poor thing. It sounds like she is just trying to justify her choices. Which are fine. But, why the need to downplay your choices? Women are our own worst enemies.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Dawn Oglesby said...

Who in God's name steals someone elses baby name? That is retarded! I would be pissed.

10:59 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

Can you spell S-T-A-L-K-E-R? She sounds nutty...I would feel NO obligation to invite her to any shower. Is she really even pregnant? Creepy.

8:30 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Whoa..........sounds like an A1 freak-job......How great that she could get pregnant! I hope she's able to educate the rest of the world on the downright silliness of caffeine avoidance and breastfeeding. It's time people knew the real truth. *insert big obnoxious eyeroll*

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

She sounds so very, very, sad. Does she have any friends? Too me it almost seems like a totally ass-backwards attempt at befriending you, while trying to seem like she doesn't need you at all.

How are you doing?? You are getting close to the end!!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home