s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2004

The Blessing of the Rainbow

A rainbow is an amazing thing. There have been many things said about rainbows. I've heard they're a sign of good luck and some people just look at them as a sign of new beginnings. They are different for me. Rainbows strengthen my faith.

When I see a rainbow I always think of Noah and the promises of God. Why you might ask? Well, in the times of Noah man had become a wicked creature and the Lord repented ever having made man. "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (Gen. 6:8). God told Noah to build an ark for He would flood the earth. It had never even rained but Noah had faith and he started building the ark. It took a hundred years but he still built it. The Lord flooded the earth and it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. Noah, his family, and the animals were in the ark for over 200 days.

When the water dried and the Lord allowed the families to leave the ark they built an altar and gave an offering of for the grace of the Lord. The Lord said "And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth" (Gen. 9:11-17).

I am thankful for the covenants of God. I know that this promise is true and seeing that, I can believe that the other promises of God are true too. You may have noticed (if it's working right) that I've added a picture to my blog and profile. I got lucky enough to see this leaving work one night. Look closely. Do you see the difference of this from other rainbows? I do, it's a double rainbow. I had never seen one before so I grabbed this shot and a few others with my camera phone. I wanted to remember this beautiful site and how lucky I was to see it. I didn't want to forget the marvel that I was witnessing and I still don't. The rainbow is a magnificent thing and it strengthens my faith.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

You're more than welcome Joye. I think I needed the uplifting post too. :-)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ug. yet another journalling community that you have to be "part of" in order to be part of. Bleck. Anyway.....

I've spent most of the morning reading your blog after you posted in mine. It's nice to meet you... it's always fun to read someone's blog who's a lot different from you.

To some degree, I envy your faith. I don't have any. God's just not doing it for me. I've tried, but all I end up feeling is silly. I don't feel hopeful or inspired or comforted. I've often wondered if there was something wrong with me, that I just couldn't bring myself to believe.

That being said, I hate it when people try and "save" me. To be completely frank, I'd much rather you try and save yourself and let me be inspired, rather than try and force it down my throat. Like my step-mom - who I really love to death. I never was much of a thank-you card person or anything. It just never occurred to me to do it, and for years I didn't. Then my dad got remarried and Dee writes these cute little notes. It's so NICE to get something in the mail that's not a bill or an ad. And because she was nice and thoughtful and it was nice to get notes, *I* started writing notes.

So, if it's ok, I'll sit back here and watch you be faithful. I'm glad it works for you, and it makes me feel mildly better, seeing someone else be content with their faith.

KT - No Thanks, I Already Have a Penguin

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home