s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Still Going

I know, I make a big announcement about something and then I go and disappear, that's just like me. But it's not for a lack of wanting to post, it's more for a lack of time. Oh and motivation in another direction - weight loss!

That's right, I'm over two weeks in and I haven't given up. I hit double digits this week, which just made me even more excited to keep going strong. The WW plan is EASY. I know a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm still nursing Livi (I get an extra 12 points a day for that!) but really I try to keep my points to at least a few under to give myself some wiggle room. That and I know when I quit nursing her in September and have to give up those points that could be a real shock to my system.

Anyway, the eating is going FABULOUS. I am finding new and fun ways to have the foods that I like without overeating and without depriving myself. One of my favorite snacks is actually a fiber bar I found called "Fiber Plus!" They are both YUMMY and great for you - a TON of fiber and only 1 point per bar. My favorite flavor is the Chocolate Chip. It's a great "pick me up" in the middle of the day or just when I need that little extra. Oh and if you click on the link there is a coupon on their website for $0.75 off a box! Saving money is also a good thing.

Another thing I realize I love is lite cool whip. For only 1 point I can have 4 tbsp and it really peps up a fat free yogurt or pudding snack.

Oh and one more thing I am going to give free advertisement to are the Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thin. These things are EXCELLENT. For only 1 point (or 100 calories if you don't do points) you get a WHOLE bun. Not one slice of bread, not half a bun, the WHOLE thing. It has around the consistency of an english muffin and tastes fabulous. I especially love these toasted with a serving of canned chicken (rinsed to help remove some of the sodium), 1 tbsp of miracle whip, and a slice of lettuce. Along side a half cup of fat-free cottage cheese and veggies for lunch it's only about 6 points total and it's delicious.

I absolutely will admit I have MAJOR portion distortion. The first couple of days I measured things I was shocked at some of the amounts that were actual servings. 1 tbsp of creamer is a serving - it barely changed the color of my coffee. I must have been putting about 5-6 in a day and thinking it was okay because it was fat free - HA! On the positive side I have realized that a portion is really all I need and I can be completely satisfied. A half a cup of cottage cheese is REALLY filling and 1 tbsp of peanut butter is fabulous on two Special K waffles in the morning (ope! more free advertising - oh well - he he).

On the fitness front I am picking up speed. I finally bought a pedometer this week and am going to start keeping track of just how far I'm going in a day. I'm not sure yet exactly where my goal is going to be set but I know as I get more and more fit that goal will just keep going up.

And because I rarely do it I really wanted to answer each of your comments to my last post on here. Usually I respond through email but I really wanted you to know just how much your encouragement means to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

G - I know you still find me sexy and that most definitely makes my day.

Heather - Thank you! LOL. Obviously you have completely different issues but I'm sure you will be able to get right on track with all of your fitness goals once the boys are here. Good luck!

Sky Girl - Your spouse not being interested in changing his eating habits can definitely be a hindrance but you have to remember who you're doing it for in the first place. I am lucky, G really hasn't complained too much (although he has teased me a bit about the weighing and measuring everything - he finds it cute) and really doesn't mind that I've changed around the food we eat a bit. A great thing to do is to take the food you would normally make and enjoy and figure out small ways to make it healthier. Add black beans to fajitas for fiber. Use less oil in cooking. Use whole grain thins instead of white bread. Little things can make a big difference. The how to exercise isn't always easy but really, one of my favorite things to do is pop the kids in the stroller and go for a walk. It's excellent exercise, fabulous for your heart, and you get a break from being cooped up inside the house! Absolutely email me and I'll even give you examples of my meal plans and my exercise schedule. I would LOVE to have another person in this with me to both encourage and to have the added support from.

Serenity - Thank you! I am LOVING this very much and have definitely considered joining the WW online site. If I am able to get another job (still looking like crazy) I probably will in the future but actually they have a lot of recipes and things available on the site for free, which is very nice.

Miss X - Thank you! I know you do and I totally thought of you when I decided to do this program. I will still be here. I feel that my goal weight is something that I can attain in approximately 10-12 months and then of course will move on to maintenance. Good luck - you're getting closer and closer every day!

Heather - That's awesome that you decided to make a change. I have a couple of FABULOUS websites all about weight watchers and with point values of foods already figured up for you if that's what you're interested in doing. I 100% understand about not liking what you see in the mirror. I still feel like the slimmer, trimmer me and that's not what I see when I look in the mirror. Good luck and absolutely email me if you are interested in some site recommendations.

Deanna - Thank you! It definitely made me feel great and to want to just keep going at it. Each pound I see come off is just one more motivation that it's all worth it.

Again - thank you to everyone out there that has sent me great thoughts and fabulous encouragement. I will be updating a lot more and definitely watch my side bar for the weight loss totals.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah - Fat Little Legs said...

I have been a lurker to your blog since I had my baby almost 2 years ago now. I just wanted to say that you are doing great! Thanks for the new food ideas. I have been doing WWers since mid-Oct this year, and have just hit my 50 lb mark this week! I have about 50-60 more to go Whew! But I can say that I feel great. Isn't it amazing how small some portions are. Now some things I used to eat are not even worth it to me anymore.

Anyways... keep it up girl!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous easylivingsally said...

Thanks for the coupon link to the Fiber 1 bar. Good job at keeping up your healthy eating. I think the pedometer idea is one on the best and simplest ideas to help ou get more activity in your life. Keep it up.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

You are doing so awesome! I'm so proud of you!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for the shout out!!!! We also love the Fiber Plus bars and Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins. They are always on my grocery list. Thanks for the link to the coupon. I'll be using them!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home